What's new

iphone 8 plus "no service" prob.

john102956

Reaction score
Hello. I have recently bought a new iphone 8 plus and all is well except that on the first screen it says "no service". I have wifi internet connection etc. I think this is to do with the initial setup and activation but not sure how to solve it. Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

No service has to do with cellular connectivity. You’ll see it if your SIM card is not activated or isn’t seated properly. Try removing and reinstalling it.

hello. Thanks for the reply. i tried that but it didn't work. Took the card out and repositioned it. No luck. I've only just received the nano card today from Vodafone. I have internet connectivity etc but cannot make a telephone call at the present. I wonder if i need to contact vodafone and ask for another nano card. It keeps saying that the iphone is not activated. Contact your network provider.

It can take up to twenty-four hours for a Vodafone SIM card to activate, so I would wait until tomorrow and then phone them if it it still doesn’t work.

Hello Caroline. Thank you for that info. i wasn't aware that nano cards can take up to 24 hours to activate. That's probably the reason why. Appreciated.

Hello Caroline. Thank you for that info. i wasn't aware that nano cards can take up to 24 hours to activate. That's probably the reason why. Appreciated.
You’re very welcome!

Hello folks. Have just been on to vodafone as my iphone still had "no service". I contacted them because i took the phone to a local shop and was told that there was something wrong with the sim card. Vodafone checked this and said that the card was not activated. I now have service on the iphone. The question is that can i activate any future sim cards in this way myself ? Can someone explain to me step by step how to activate the vodafone sim card online.
Thank u for your help.