What's new

sim card for iphone 8 plus

john102956

Reaction score
Hello. I have just bought an iphone 8 plus. I need a Nano R-sim card. Having recently looked on ebay about the iphone 8 plus we have 12,14,14+, 15, 15+ and 16 to choose from. I need to know what would be a safe bet for me to buy a card to fit this iphone. What is the significance/difference of the above cards 12-16. Is it possible to find the IOS version of this phone without a sim card?

Thanks for your help.

carolineM

Reaction score
May I ask why you cannot use a standard nano SIM card?

OP
J

john102956

Reaction score
Hello again. Thank you for the reply. I have until recently had an iphone 4s which as you know uses a macro sim card. However, since i have upgraded to an iphone 8 plus i am a bit of a beginner when it comes to Nano cards. Have i got my facts right or not is a standard Nano sim the one that i have already in the iphone 4s. This card clearly doesn't fit. If it isn't then i need a new unlocked Nano card for the iphone 8 plus. Looked on ebay and it refers to R-sim cards. Could u educate me slightly on Nano cards and getting the right one??
Thank for your help.

J. A.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPhone 4s uses a Micro SIM. You need a Nano SIM card for the iPhone 8 Plus. If you’d like to keep your phone number, I‘d suggest contacting your cell provider for a new SIM card.

carolineM

Reaction score
As JA has suggested, you can get a nano SIM from your own call provider. R- SIMS are for unlocking phones, which you should not need.

OP
J

john102956

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I am a novice when it comes to nano cards. It is appreciated! I will contact vodafone for a new card!

Most reactions

Latest posts