What's new

Earpiece Crackling - 8 Plus

jntdroid

Reaction score
So I know this has been well publicized lately, but I'm trying to figure out if this is the problem I'm having.

I just exchanged my 8 for the 8 Plus at lunch. I wanted the better battery life and optical zoom, even if the size is a bit much for me. However, I just made my first phone call (AT&T, HD Voice call) and there was this incredibly loud popping sound. It didn't sound like a crackle like I've heard described elsewhere. Honestly it sounded like a giant bug buzzing with wings flapping very quickly. The other side couldn't hear anything, it was just on my end.

This has gotta be what others are describing right? I'm not sure if I should try and exchange it or just wait it out, but it's definitely a problem...

I wouldn't just wait it out in case you have a hardware problem.You're still within the 15 day return period. Also, you have 90 days of free telephone technical support under the standard warranty. Try calling and see if there’s anything they can do to help.

Last edited:
Like said, don’t wait. Take it in immediately. This way they won’t or can’t say, why did you keep using the phone if you knew it had possible issues. Best to nip it in the bud ASAP! That is just my thinking. If it’s truly a phone issue, I would want it fixed as fast as possible myself. But again, that is just my thinking. Hope you get it resolved. Good day