What's new

iphone 8 help downloading

mike1

Reaction score
OK it seems I made the mistake of recording Christmas morning in 4K 60 fps. Now I'm accustomed to recording 2-3 minute videos, and transferring to my PC with no problems. But this video is about 35 minutes long and can't seem to complete the process without an error message saying "something went wrong. (after 2 hours downloading). My son even tried transferring to a cloud program and that didn't' work either. What can I do to save the video? Thanks.

Which app did you use to record it? If you recorded via the photo app, then using a PC or windows to access icloud photos may help.

Which app? Not sure what you mean. I used the iphone camera.

Thanks Mike1 as there are lots of camera/ video apps, which save things within the app. So I would think the video should be on icloud photos and to get to it you may need to go via a PC or Mac; possibly iTunes, but I am not sure about that.

Another way maybe via an app like FileBrowser on your iphone, which I use to move photo and files, etc. between my iphone and iPad and networked storage.

I hope this helps you.

Just thinking... I assumed that your photos are backed up automatically to icloud and I hence assumed that the phone has copied the video to icloud photos.

If not, then go to FileBrowser, which is really useful to have installed anyway. (I forget whether it is free or requires a small payment to install. Just checked and it has a 14 day free trial.)

OK thanks, I'll try filebrowser. I'm assuming this will handle a massive file like this one?