What's new

iPhone 8 Case Reviews and more

I was told the only cases that won’t fit the 8 to the 7 and plus is going to be life proof... so far so good on my choices.

06EA8786-D11E-4272-8B29-E21D346BE7C6.png
I also posted in the other 8 Plus case thread. Thinking of ordering this Tech21 case pictured above. I like the 10ft. drop protection and how this may look with the space gray 8 Plus I ordered. I had a Tech21 case for my 6, and I’m a runner, so I use my phone while running (until I eventually get an Apple Watch someday...).

I’ve never used any screen protectors. Any thoughts on these? I always like just having the phone in its natural state, and typically only use a case when I’m on the go.

But will the iPhone be chargeable via wireless while
it's in the case.
Could mean a lot fiddling if not
As long as the case isn't metal, it'll work fine. Wireless has been around for a while and cases are fine. Even the rugged ones work.

Here's what I noticed. My wife bought me a lifeproof FRE case for my ip8+. The case seems to interfere with the normal operation of the phone. Audio was no issue but when using anything that involved holding the phone button and using siri, the display would go out like the sleep button was being pressed. One time it wouldn't allow me to even hang up the phone. I tried changing home button sensitivity and it didn't make a difference. I took the case off and put the otterbox defender back on and it worked with no issues.
No issue when no case being on the phone either.
I removed the Lifeproof to "exercise" the buttons and it still happens.
I used the same case on my ip7 and the only issue I had was having the clean the lens once in a while.
I like the idea of having the lens covered for protection. That allows me to carry the phone in the same pocket as change and other objects.
Looks like I'll have to send it back to Amazon and try a pelican marine or maybe HIT case.