What's new

iPhone 7 serious issue with forced update to get back cellular

qcongo

Reaction score
Cell service disappeared 2 days ago. Forced to upgrade to newest os on iPhone 7. BECAUSE I received a message that I HAD to do this get cellular back. OK. Loaded it. still no CELLULAR. called Verizon, they had me reset Network settings. Cool. Got cellular service back for a half a day. Then it went out and couldn't even see anything in SETTINGS on the cellular tab now. And NETWORK tab said "unavailable". Had to use someone else PHONE TO CALL apple after spending an hour CHATTING with them on my computer. Because it's not under warranty they won't send out a new one. I live a 5 hour drive from an Apple store. Im going into best by at 6:00 PM so they can tell me that they can't fix it and I have to send it in to check the HARDWARE. I read on FORBES this morning that Apple is trying to get a new os out in a few weeks to fix this. No PHONE for 2 weeks? Really APPLE?

The question is who wants to go into a class action lawsuit against Apple for this?

Cell service disappeared 2 days ago. Forced to upgrade to newest os on iPhone 7. BECAUSE I received a message that I HAD to do this get cellular back. OK. Loaded it. still no CELLULAR. called Verizon, they had me reset Network settings. Cool. Got cellular service back for a half a day. Then it went out and couldn't even see anything in SETTINGS on the cellular tab now. And NETWORK tab said "unavailable". Had to use someone else PHONE TO CALL apple after spending an hour CHATTING with them on my computer. Because it's not under warranty they won't send out a new one. I live a 5 hour drive from an Apple store. Im going into best by at 6:00 PM so they can tell me that they can't fix it and I have to send it in to check the HARDWARE. I read on FORBES this morning that Apple is trying to get a new os out in a few weeks to fix this. No PHONE for 2 weeks? Really APPLE?

The question is who wants to go into a class action lawsuit against Apple for this?
LETS SUE!

Many people want to launch a class action lawsuit before they even discover the true cause of the problem. In most class action suits it’s the lawyers who get most of the money.

Not always upgrading ... is the best Solution ...
On my experience most of the times it brings to new problems...
BTW it seems an HW failure ...so you need a replacement ...

Not always upgrading ... is the best Solution ...
On my experience most of the times it brings to new problems...
BTW it seems an HW failure ...so you need a replacement ...

Not upgrading is not always the best solution as you miss out on all the security patches and bug fixes.

Probably true , but for me is better a device not upgraded which works that a upgrade device that doesn’t work atall...

Have you had your iPhone checked to make sure there are no hardware or other issues causing problems after an iOS update? The vast majority of people updating their devices have no problems at all.

Here’s another possibility for your problem. Your SIM card may have become defective. Try a new SIM card to see if the issue persists.