What's new

iPhone 7 Logic Board Swap

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iPhone 7 that became non-functional after getting wet. I suspect the logic board went bad due to corrosion, as I have previously attempted to replace the screen, digitizer and battery to no avail. The phone will power on but will not display anything on screen. I can only guess that is the issue; by not fixing it, I have yet to prove what actually went wrong. But I digress; it definitely does not work. All parts of the phone are physically intact; nothing is broken or missing.

I also have an iPhone SE 2020 with broken front and back glass. I connected the my iPhone 7 screen to it and it does display correctly.

I would like to know if the iPhone 7 frame/chassis accept the iPhone SE 2020's logic board?

Attachments

• Tspuufs5Je46g93XeXujH3.jpg
    Tspuufs5Je46g93XeXujH3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57
scifan57, thank you for such a quick reply! I already had both phones open, so I pulled out both logic boards since I needed preactice taking iPhones apart anyways, and both logic boards are the exact same shape and size overall, but have a few things different that prevent swapping. It was good practice as I like repairing things myself. Thanks again and hopefully this information and photo can help others. Cheers! :D

Attachments

• 0W4A2806.JPG
    0W4A2806.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 72