What's new

iPhone Logic Board Question - Please help!

mfer2k

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently broke my iPhone 4 screen and attempted to replace it, however I had a problem and decided I don't want to complete the repair at this point. To pay for my new phone I want to sell my logic board on eBay but it still has all of my data loaded on it and no password set. My two questions are:

1) If the buyer puts my logic board into his phone will he be able to access the information stored on there?

2) If yes, do you have any ideas on how I can prevent this and still sell it?

Any help would really be appreciated.

234 views, no one has any idea? The logic board works perfectly, I just need to know if someone puts it into a different iPhone will they be able to access all of my information? I don't have a password on it.

234 views, no one has any idea? The logic board works perfectly, I just need to know if someone puts it into a different iPhone will they be able to access all of my information? I don't have a password on it.

Short answer yes! All your info is stored somewhere on there if you sell it the new owner will be able to see data but tbh it will properly get restored anyway but that's the risk you would have to take.