What's new

iPhone 6 went nuts

dgmlgu

Reaction score
Hello everybody

I’ve been traveling through Asia for 2 months and I will go on for other 2

Obviously all my stuff is on the phone (booking, tickets, payments), and the phone is driving me crazy

My iPhone 6 is 2 yearsbold

1. Battery has always lasted as a cat on the freeway but I solved the issue with a power bank 25,000 mA
2. The screen freezes after some minutes of usage and it’s a continuous ON/OFF to restart it
3. It opens the apps according to its mood
4. If you forget to shut WhatsApp it automatically calls the last person you texted
5. When screen doesn’t freeze completely, it takes a long time to end a txt because the keyboard doesn’t receive all the letters you click and you can neither dictate it

The Apple stores I visited suggested to reset completely the phone, but I’m not in the condition to make a back up now whilst I’m on travel

My compulsive wish is to crash it against a wall, but I’d only make things worse
Any suggestion to go on other 2 months and save my mental health?
Thanks
Luigi

Last edited:
Hello everybody

I’ve been traveling through Asia for 2 months and I will go on for other 2

Obviously all my stuff is on the phone (booking, tickets, payments), and the phone is driving me crazy

My iPhone 6 is 2 yearsbold

1. Battery has always lasted as a cat on the freeway but I solved the issue with a power bank 25,000 mA
2. The screen freezes after some minutes of usage and it’s a continuous ON/OFF to restart it
3. It opens the apps according to its mood
4. If you forget to shut WhatsApp it automatically calls the last person you texted
5. When screen doesn’t freeze completely, it takes a long time to end a txt because the keyboard doesn’t receive all the letters you click and you can neither dictate it

The Apple stores I visited suggested to reset completely the phone, but I’m not in the condition to make a back up now whilst I’m on travel

My compulsive wish is to crash it against a wall, but I’d only make things worse
Any suggestion to go on other 2 months and save my mental health?
Thanks
Luigi

Hi Luigi, Until you can restore the phone, as Apple suggest, you could try force restarting it. Simple hold down the Home Button and the Power Button until the screen goes black and then after a few seconds the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Good luck!

From the description of your problem, your iPhone may be in the early stages of a touchscreen failure. The problem will get worse until the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. When your iPhone is displaying the problem is there a flickering grey band at the top of the screen?
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models are known for this defect and the only way to correct it is to replace the phone as the problem is actually on the logic board and not the screensaver itself.

As to backing up your iPhone, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store should be able to backup your iPhone and restore it.

BTW, there’s a fair chance that your iPhone will fail before your trip is completed and you may have to purchase a replacement while on your trip.

From the description of your problem, your iPhone may be in the early stages of a touchscreen failure. The problem will get worse until the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. When your iPhone is displaying the problem is there a flickering grey band at the top of the screen?
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models are known for this defect and the only way to correct it is to replace the phone as the problem is actually on the logic board and not the screensaver itself.

As to backing up your iPhone, the Genius Bar at an Apple Store should be able to backup your iPhone and restore it.

BTW, there’s a fair chance that your iPhone will fail before your trip is completed and you may have to purchase a replacement while on your trip.

Thanks for your reply. No

Are you running the latest version of iOS? If not, update your phone. Also, is your phone jailbroken? If so, I would suggest restoring it. Lastly, you are worried about losing things from the phone if you do in fact restore it. Why not back the phone up, and make sure you have all your info written down just in case, then restore the phone. I know you say it’s not possible, but it may be the only way to truly fix all the issues with your phone. Sorry it’s not what you want to hear, but it may be the only way to fix your phone. Good luck with whatever you do!!

Hi Luigi, Until you can restore the phone, as Apple suggest, you could try force restarting it. Simple hold down the Home Button and the Power Button until the screen goes black and then after a few seconds the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Good luck!

I did it already but the issue remains

There is now a IOS 12.4.4 for those who are not able to IOS 13. Maybe that will help.

Thanks for your hints folks!
This crazy thing (my iPhone) as suddenly as it went crazy, it healed without any kind of operation from my side (touching wood). It’s been working properly for 1 month so far, excluding the battery lasting that’s always insufficient for a phone of this brand and this cost

Good to hear. I was a little disappointed in the battery life with my 6 Plus as well, however since purchasing the Xs Max and now the 11 Pro Max I am VERY satisfied with Apple's newer iPhone's battery performance.