What's new

iPhone 6 struggling answering calls

Vacandwash

Reaction score
Hi I am having problems answering calls when on another app .
I know it's strange but if I am looking at my emails or something like that and get a phone call I can hear it ringing but it doesn't show up on the screen to answer it and there is no way of getting to the screen to answer it and also doesn't register a missed call in my phone list .
When on lock screen it comes up fine and I slide to answer and everything is perfect .
It's annoying as I don't want to look at my emails in case I get a call .
Strange one I know but drives me mad

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Vacandwash!

Which setting did you select in Notifications - Phone - Alert Style When Unlocked? The best choice would be Alerts. When you get a phone call, you have to do something (reject, accept), or else the notification won't go away.

Hi and thanks for the reply .
Yes I have it set on alerts .
This has only happened recently after updating to iOS 10 and it doesn't do it on every app.
I have tried re setting my phone and it still does it when I am on a app or internet or something , I just can't answer as the slider screen isn't there

Attached is a picture of my settings in the phone for alerts

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    79.1 KB · Views: 508
When you're in an app, you don't get the slider screen. You get the Accept/Decline buttons when the iPhone is unlocked.

The latest iOS version for the iPhone 6 is 10.1.1. If your device is not running that software, update it. Maybe this will help with your problem.

Which reset did you use?
Try this one, if you didn't use it:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. As soon as it's visible, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.
If that doesn't help, go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings. That will set back many of your settings to default, so you'll have to go through the Settings app, and select your preferences again.

Hi , When the phone is on lock screen I get my calls fine and get the slider screen ok .
It's when I'm on a app and mainly emails that nothing shows up .
I've just had a call while typing this and it showed up ok so it's fine on this so I think it's mainly when I'm on my emails . I did you the complete back up and erased everything but I restored from my I cloud back up .
Thanks for the replies

I had already updated to 10.1 as I thought this might solve it .
Do you think it could be a setting in my email notifications as I have checked them and everything seems ok

10.1.1 is the latest iOS. There's a small difference between 10.1 and 10.1.1., it this might be all you need to solve your problem.

It's possible that one of your settings prevents your iPhone from showing the call in some of your apps.
If you restored from a backup, that setting will be restored as well. That's why I suggested resetting all settings. So if updating doesn't help, try that.

Hi sorry , yes I had already updated to the 10.1.1 .
I restored from my iCloud back up as I have a lot of things on my phone and didn't want to lose them .
It's just so frustrating as it doesn't do it all the time but I might have to save what I can on my pc and do a restore but it's a shame as I thought it maybe just a setting

The reset I'm suggesting doesn't remove anything from your device. It just resets your settings. So you won't lose photos or files. The only thing that will be set back to default, are some of your settings. Just make sure you choose "Reset All Settings", nothing else.

Hi Since doing the reset I think everything is ok. Fingers crossed and thanks for your help