What's new

iPhone 6 screen problem

Barkley

Reaction score
I've been lucky, 8.0.1 has been a dream for me with 1 exception. How do you stop the entire screen sliding down to reveal a blank upper half? I have to swipe the wanted screen back up to continue, and I'm at a loss to see what I'm doing that causes it to slide form in the first place.

I'm assuming it is to reveal something else behind it, but as I've not placed anything there - it remains blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been lucky, 8.0.1 has been a dream for me with 1 exception. How do you stop the entire screen sliding down to reveal a blank upper half? I have to swipe the wanted screen back up to continue, and I'm at a loss to see what I'm doing that causes it to slide form in the first place.

I'm assuming it is to reveal something else behind it, but as I've not placed anything there - it remains blank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're using an iPhone 6 or 6 plus, aren't you? This is a feature that Apple calls Reachability. When holding the phone in one hand, your thumb isn't long enough to reach the top of the screen to tap a link or anything else near the top of the page or, if you're on the homescreen, to select an app from the top of the page. It's activated by a double tap(not a double click) of the home button. As soon as you touch the screen to select an app or an item on the screen, the screen slides back up.

I've moved your post to the iPhone 6 Forum where it will receive more attention.

Last edited: