What's new

iPhone 6 ring tones

jim dandy

Reaction score
Hello all,

Have a new iPhone 6 for the past 2 days and have gone through pretty much all of the settings but have a problem with the ring tones.

I have gone through the whole list of ring tones and have the volume settings at max but none of them are loud enough for me since the Army did some damage to me.. My hearing requires a loud ringer. If I can't get a loud ring on this phone, as much as I like it I am afraid I will have to return it to Verizon.

Would be interested in a downloaded high volume ringer even if I have to pay for it. I once heard a freight train air horn sounded funny but loud as a downloadable ringer but it was not for an apple product. Also interested in a ring ring sound but loud.

Thanks for any suggestions folks may have.

Jim

Have you tried "Old Phone" in Text Tone? I find that quite loud.

You can also choose other text alerts, There are apps in the App store and you can make your own, If you keep checking back here I'm sure you will get more suggestions.

We don't want you returning your iPhone :)

1)on your phone, go to ITunes. In the search box type loud ringtones. When they come up click on See All. Then you can't check out what is available and find what works best for you. You test by clicking on the album cover type icon to the left of the title. A short sample will play. Some are designated for the hearing impaired. Some are text tones for the hearing impaired.
Personally, I find that long ringtones help me but that may just be me.

2)your iPhone camera flash can be set to flash when a call or other alert trigger occurs (ex. text). I find this a lifesaver. I keep the iPhone facedown to help see the flashing. It only flashes while the ring is occurring. If you want to do this go to Settings>General>Accessibility>scroll down to the section labelled Hearing. There you will find
LED Flash for Alerts. Toggle that on.

To add to the good advice from bear7962 you can also have your alert repeated up to ten times.
Settings - Notifications - Messages - Repeat Alerts.

What type of music do you listen to? Surely there is something you know with a very loud section. I uploaded a number of selections to iTunes, downloaded them to my phone and set them as custom ring tones. I can even hear my wife calling when in Costco. She is the start of the last movement from Dvorak's New World Symphony. Hendrix's version of Star Spangled Banner would work just as well.

Does the flash option work with the non hearing impaired ringtones?

All iPhones that have I think it's IOS 5 or newer have this feature in Settings under Accessability. The default setting for this is off. All you have to do is toggle it on. FYI the most recent IOS version is 8.4.
I do not know what you mean by non-hearing impaired ringtones. It works with my native iPhone ringtones as well as those I have added thru iTunes.