What's new

Iphone ring tone really quiet?

HarryJS

Reaction score
I used th xylophone ringtones as my default ringtone and set the volume to highest for the ringer, which, btw, isn't really loud either. REcently, i've noticed the volume getting lower and lower, the volume is still on high but when i get a call, the ring tone is really faint. With ambient noise, like the tv on, you can't hear it at all. Does anybody else have this problem?
My friend recommended downloading iphone ringtones here: EDITED - no website links

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to iPhone Forums, HarryJS!

I don’t have this problem.
Do you own an iPhone X? If so: when the iPhone determines that you’re looking at it, it lowers the ringer volume automatically.

Otherwise go to Settings (the app) - Sounds & Haptics - Ringer and alerts, and slide it to maximum. Also enable Change with Buttons, if you haven’t already done so.

I used th xylophone ringtone as my default ringtone and set the volume to highest for the ringer, which, btw, isn't really loud either. REcently, i've noticed the volume getting lower and lower, the volume is still on high but when i get a call, the ring tone is really faint. With ambient noise, like the tv on, you can't hear it at all. Does anybody else have this problem?

If you do have the iPhone X, you can also go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Face ID & Attention, and disable “Attention Aware Features.” With that setting disabled, your phone will not automatically lower the volume of your ringtone or other alerts while you are looking at the screen.