What's new

iPhone 6+ pulled from sale.

iSkipper

Reaction score
According to my local carrier here in Australia the iPhone 6+ has been pulled from sale by Apple until further notice from Apple.

I wonder why? Doh! Haha!

The iPhone 6 is still available though.

According to my local carrier here in Australia the iPhone 6+ has been pulled from sale by Apple until further notice from Apple.

I wonder why? Doh! Haha!

I suggest you check the online Apple Store to see if it's still listed, it is in Canada. I checked and could find nothing about the iPhone 6 plus being removed from sale anywhere.

The only thing that Apple pulled recently was the iOS 8.0.1 update with all it's problems.

It is only from a telecommunications carrier here in Australia as they are unable to obtain any 6+ phones until Apple says otherwise.

I even rang my carriers sales dept after arriving home from the dept store and they said the same thing that they are unavailable until Apple says otherwise due to a fault? Don't know why he used the word fault? But we all know why?

On the carriers website it states the following: ! This is a very popular device, so we've stopped taking orders until new stock arrives. Check back later, or register to be notified here.

Why stop taking orders just because a device is popular? WTF!

Even the other two major carriers state the same that they are either currently out of stock or stock sold out? WTF!

What a load of ****! I'm *****

From what I can see we still can purchase from Apple AU with a 3-4 week turnaround but unlike our friends in the U.S they are very very expensive to purchase outright here in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I
It is only from a telecommunications carrier here in Australia as they are unable to obtain any 6+ phones until Apple says otherwise.

I even rang my carriers sales dept after arriving home from the dept store and they said the same thing that they are unavailable until Apple says otherwise due to a fault? Don't know why he used the word fault? But we all know why?

On the carriers website it states the following: ! This is a very popular device, so we've stopped taking orders until new stock arrives. Check back later, or register to be notified here.

Why stop taking orders just because a device is popular? WTF!

Even the other two major carriers state the same that they are either currently out of stock or stock sold out? WTF!

What a load of ****! I'm ******

From what I can see we still can purchase from Apple AU with a 3-4 week turnaround but unlike our friends in the U.S they are very very expensive to purchase outright here in Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QU

Last edited by a moderator:
If it will make you feel better, the iphone is not less costly here. The subsidized price of the phone is the upfront price and the remainder of the price is either built Into or added on to the monthly bill and you are locked into either 12 or 24 months of contract. And we are experiencing the same scarcity and wait times as the rest of the world. Frustrating for all. But a temporary problem.

If it will make you feel better, the iphone is not less costly here. The subsidized price of the phone is the upfront price and the remainder of the price is either built Into or added on to the monthly bill and you are locked into either 12 or 24 months of contract. And we are experiencing the same scarcity and wait times as the rest of the world. Frustrating for all. But a temporary problem.

Well put.

My wife and I upgraded. Between the two phones we shelled out nearly $1,000 USD and our phone bills increased by $60 per month.

I wonder why? Doh! Haha!

My Telstra dealer has stock. However stock is restricted but that is normal. I suggest your carrier has not a clue what he is talking about.

Last edited:
To follow up I suggest he is confused Apple pulled iOS 8.01 in Australia and other countries they then replaced it with 8.02. Not the phones

To follow up I suggest he is confused Apple pulled iOS 8.01 in Australia and other countries they then replaced it with 8.02. Not the phones

Confused! Highly unlikely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remembered reading from International Business Times this week that Australia may have to wait one month for the 6 to be available.