What's new

iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB RAM ?

Machu007

Reaction score
Hi guys am new to the forum and hope you all are having a great time here, btw am wondering iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB RAM ?, some tech sites like GSMArena, Techprezz , techtrendsdiary say that iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB RAM while some other sites say 1 GB on both, what is the truth?

Hi guys am new to the forum and hope you all are having a great time here, btw am wondering iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB RAM ?, some tech sites like GSMArena, Techprezz , techtrendsdiary say that iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB RAM while some other sites say 1 GB on both, what is the truth?

No one really knows the truth (and Apple never tells).

The only thing to do is wait to see if any site does a tear-down/test on the phone after it has been released.

For now, anything about the RAM (on either phone) is pure speculation.

Marilyn

I have an app that gives details on the operation of my iPhone. Among other things, it lists the amount of RAM and how it is being used at the moment. This would certainly tell me how much RAM the iPhone 6/6 plus has. After I receive it, that is.

No one really knows the truth (and Apple never tells).

The only thing to do is wait to see if any site does a tear-down/test on the phone after it has been released.

For now, anything about the RAM (on either phone) is pure speculation.

Marilyn

Ty Marilyn , You are right , as you said will have to wait and see. hopefully someone updates this thread with latest tear-down test... @scifan57 that is cool... update this thread with your details from the app after you get it...

Just read about this as well. Definite plus if this is true. Here's to hoping[emoji482][emoji519]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say this is definitely a possibility and perhaps a necessity considering the larger screen with a greater resolution among other enhancements over the standard iphone 6. Greater enhancements could require this.

Greater screen size does not equate to greater need of RAM. A greater processor possibly, but not RAM. RAM's for data caching, your screen is dynamic

New information suggests that the iPhone 6 Plus may not be getting a memory upgrade, and will continue to offer 1GB of RAM like the iPhone 6. A screenshot allegedly from an iPhone 6 Plus depicting what appears to be iPhone monitoring app System Status has surfaced on a Korean message board (via Phone Arena), showing the device's memory maxing out at close to 1 GB.

iphone6plusscreenshot.jpg

Actually, it is 16/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter. RAM's never been a huge issue on iOS. It's not like the RAM hog Android Lollipop or any of the Windows OS flavors.

The only iOS device at the present time with 2GB of RAM is the iPad Air 2.