What's new

iPhone 6 Plus Camera Issue

NickJ

Reaction score
image.jpg

The stabilizer motors inside the camera are freaking out. It happens with all of the camera apps including the standard camera app, 3rd party apps, as well as Instagram.

Just updated to iOS 8.0.2 from 8.0.0 today. This was the first time I turned the camera on since the update. Have already tried cycling the power as well as a hard reset. Neither helped.

Help!

Oh yeah, if you turn on the camera, put the lens up to your ear, and listen, the motors are audible.

Last edited:
View attachment 17122

The stabilizer motors inside the camera are freaking out. It happens with all of the camera apps including the standard camera app, 3rd party apps, as well as Instagram.

Just updated to iOS 8.0.2 from 8.0.0 today. This was the first time I turned the camera on since the update. Have already tried cycling the power as well as a hard reset. Neither helped.

Help!
I think it's time for a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to see exactly what the cause is.

It has to have something to do with the Optical Image Stabilization motors. I am trying a Full Restore now to see if that helps. Hopefully a new image of the software will help.

It has to have something to do with the Optical Image Stabilization motors. I am trying a Full Restore now to see if that helps. Hopefully a new image of the software will help.
Here's hoping that does the trick.

Just got it back up, and it has the same issue. :(

Just updated to 8.1 and the problem persists. Will be making an appointment at the Apple Store. :(

I have been traveling this week so I hope to get in there Friday or Saturday.

Went to the Apple store and they tried a full restore (like I had tried perviously) and that did not work. They gave me a new phone with no issues.

Apple continues to blow me away with their customer service.

Thanks for letting the community know the outcome.

I suspected a hardware failure. Out of millions and millions of iPhones, there will be a very small percentage of them developing hardware failures. Unfortunately you got one of these, but glad it got sorted out.

Apple's customer service seems to stellar. Your experience, even though you got a defect, seemed to have worked out for the best. I bet you would recommend apple products to your friends and family.

Went to the Apple store and they tried a full restore (like I had tried perviously) and that did not work. They gave me a new phone with no issues.

Apple continues to blow me away with their customer service.
Thanks for letting us know the outcome of your camera problem. If someone else has this problem, this thread may help them.

Apple has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and incidents like yours are the reason why.

Unlike the other times that I have gone in to a store to have a problem remedied, the genius (I still have issue calling them that) was very forthright with their hardware having potential for being at fault. Other places try to blame the issue on the customer and say something to the effect of, "Did you drop it? What did you do to it? How is this YOUR fault."

I asked him what could have caused this (so I know that I didn't do something to trigger it) and he said that it was just a fluke and there was some bug in the hardware. He also said that it was ironic that the software upgrade occurring at the same time that the hardware failed. They should have been completely unrelated.

This guy was pretty sure that there was a hardware glitch somewhere and went through the procedure that he had to as per Apple, and while the phone was restoring, he was like, "While this is doing that, I am going to go get your new phone." I mean, how awesome is that?!? Even when Apple has issues, they are the first to admit it and fix the issue. I have had dealings with Apple Customer Service with two devices, and both times they exceeded my expectations!