What's new

iPhone 6 plus... Better with a case?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I have a few cases for my 6 plus which I really like... They're mostly transparent and pretty thin... But despite my best of not losing the design with a case and keeping the thinness.... I still feel like even the thinnest I have makes it feel different than it would be without a case....

I only dropped it like once in months... It was rather bad to be honest but it had a case so it didn't scratch at all...

I take really good care of it and I was wondering if it would be a really terrible idea to keep it without a case... I obviously have a screen protector and I would get a back protector as well... Would this idea be really terrible ? Or not so much?

Thanks everyone

Whether you need a case or not is a matter of where and how you use your phone as well as your chances of dropping it. The choice is yours, based on your own assessment of the risks inherent in using an unprotected phone.

Personally, I use an OtterBox Defender and don't mind the extra bulk of the case.

My thoughts on that is accidents happen no matter how careful you are.
I always protect my iPhone with a case or bumper, I won't risk damaging it.

Given the size (and beauty, IMNSHO) of my iPhone 6 Plus, I, too, don't want a case on it. However, I also don't want to scratch the back.

So, I've "compromised" by getting/using some of the ultra-thin cases currently available ("The Veil" by Caudabe and the "Slim Extra" by Shumuri). They both are only .35mm thick (with a bit of extra thickness around the camera bulge). Honestly, it's almost as if I don't have a case at all.

I've also used skins, but I tire of always feeling the edges with my fingers. But, they work well to prevent scratches.

I would like to stay without a case. And, if you are careful with your device, I don't think a case is needed. But, again, since I don't want scratches on the back, these ultra-thin cases work great for me.

In other words - don't get a case if you don't want one. The phone is fine without one. Just know there will be less drop protection... :)

Marilyn

I find this phone to be too slippery to use without a case. The first time I almost dropped my phone was all the reminding that I needed.

This is the one that I use:

image.jpg

It only takes one drop and you wish you had used a case. There are thin ones around too, of course none of them protect 100%

I guess you all have a point... It does take one nasty drop to ruin your day if you don't have a case.
Given the size (and beauty, IMNSHO) of my iPhone 6 Plus, I, too, don't want a case on it. However, I also don't want to scratch the back.

So, I've "compromised" by getting/using some of the ultra-thin cases currently available ("The Veil" by Caudabe and the "Slim Extra" by Shumuri). They both are only .35mm thick (with a bit of extra thickness around the camera bulge). Honestly, it's almost as if I don't have a case at all.

I've also used skins, but I tire of always feeling the edges with my fingers. But, they work well to prevent scratches.

I would like to stay without a case. And, if you are careful with your device, I don't think a case is needed. But, again, since I don't want scratches on the back, these ultra-thin cases work great for me.

In other words - don't get a case if you don't want one. The phone is fine without one. Just know there will be less drop protection... :)

Marilyn
I knew of the veil but I wasn't sure whether to but it or not, it's rather expensive and I already do have the 0.3mm by puro... It's quite thin but it does ruin the borders a little. I'll make sure to check the slim extra you mentioned. Thank you very much for the feedback :)

I've been giving this a great deal of thought and this is what I thought... What if I bought a tempered glass for the screen which should offer a not so bad protection against cracks (so I heard, I've never actually had one), the cheapest ever (which I already found on amazon) back protector and the bumpies?

For those who don't know what they are here's the link with a picture Bumpies Phone Protectors Compatible with iPhone 6 6 Plus

It's kind of an expensive solution... The bumpies is the expensive part actually... But I've been trying to get the phone to look as similar to a caseless one as possible. I don't know if right now it does and I can't see it because I'm actually holding it so I don't see it as it really is because of a perspective problem... But I've had this idea, what do you think about it?

I kept in mind all your previous advice but well if I think about it having a 0.3 mm case is like having none so if I drop it the only real protection it does offer is a scratch protection right?

Look forward to your kind feedback, thanks a lot everyone, I really appreciate

I have a screen protector on mine and a metal bumper, When I'm out and about I keep it in a soft sock like bag.
This works for me, If I drop it the corners are protected.
I can still see the beauty of my phone.

I honestly have a case on my phone all the time. Whether my phone loses its design or not, but I dont ever want to RISK my chance of cracking my phone. At the moment, I am using a phone case that is transparent, but the bumper is neon pink. My phone is still thin, and since the bumper is rubber, my phone bounces lightly off the ground. :)

TPU Clear Rubber Gel Transparent Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Cell Phone eBay

Hi everyone,
So I have a few cases for my 6 plus which I really like... They're mostly transparent and pretty thin... But despite my best of not losing the design with a case and keeping the thinness.... I still feel like even the thinnest I have makes it feel different than it would be without a case....

I only dropped it like once in months... It was rather bad to be honest but it had a case so it didn't scratch at all...

I take really good care of it and I was wondering if it would be a really terrible idea to keep it without a case... I obviously have a screen protector and I would get a back protector as well... Would this idea be really terrible ? Or not so much?

Thanks everyone
I like a month minimal case but need protection and am very happy with how the case I got takes care of both of these concerns. The case I have is the Switcheasy Air Mask.
image.jpg

I went with this leather hard case from Alto. The main reason for the case was the camera protruding on the back and because of how thin the phone is, it is slippery. I wanted a minimal case that wouldn't take away from how great the phone looks.
1718635ee6b0c82375514f868f3cc058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I believe that you answered your own question. It is almost sure that you will drop your iPhone, even if you are extra careful (I am not talking about you only, we all drop our phones). I was always using cases for all my iPhones for protection. I do not want to cry over a broken iPhone, especially if it is my iPhone 6+ :(

I always think back to when i bought iPhone 5, It had just been released and i was using it in the car, We stopped at the supermarket and i forgot my brand new iPhone 5 was in my lap and i got out got the car, We have a car with big wheels so its quite high up, My lovely iPhone 5 bounced onto the carpark corner first.
Luckily that very morning i had put a metal bumper on it, Bumper was ruined, phone was fine.
The moral of the story.....No matter how careful you are accidents happen.