What's new

Is a case necessary?

samd724

Reaction score
Well as the title states do you think it is necessary to have a case on your IPhone? I have a screen protector on the back of my IPhone and nothing on the front. I just like the look and feel of the phone so much more when it is not in a case. I have had my phone like this for about a month and have to scratches or dings on the phone. What do you guys think?

Drop it once from a height of 4 feet and you will understand why a case is needed.

Get a good case and use it when you know youre going to be in an environment that demands it. For example, I have the lifeproof case and it seals it against everything. This weekend, Im going to a football game and it will be raining. Lifeproof case.
Right now, Im sitting inside. Its naked! The way I like it

I have screen protector front and back and it holds up pretty well. I even drop it on the rubber floor waist high when I'm on the exercise bike and no scratches. I used to have a case but when I upgraded and sold the old one i felt I did not have an iPhone because it was hiding behind a case so no more case and enjoy the look and feel of an iPhone.

Last edited:
If only the world had rubber flooring every where :)

whatever phone i have i always get a case,i won't take chances on getting my new baby scratched,i love the look of it naked tho,(4s)keep it nice and then when you come to sell it you will get a better price.

well there are times when I drop it, it bounces and hit the bike frame luckily no scratch. I can say that this phone is not as delicate like most people think, it can take a hard hit.

I have a skin from iCarbon and a basic bumper case from Griffin, that doesn't add a lot of bulk. The naked iPhone is just way too slick and I worry about dropping it. However, I don't have a screen protector. I had my iPod Touch for two years and no scratches, so I'm going to take a chance with my iPhone.

its not necessary but its like a saftey net just in case something happens and it falls.

i have a ZAGG on the front and back then run clear and black bumper you almost cant even see it. I dont like anything more then a bumper because they take away from the slimness of the phone itself.

the iphone is the only phone that i have with case on it, due to fact that it's body is made up of mostly glass. drop that sucker just time and you know it's gonna be a wrap. and it's shame cause it really is a nice looking phone.

A case is not necessary like a garage for your car is not necessary.

I use a case because the extra size the case provides makes the phone easier for me to hold. Among my favorites are the Element Vapor Pro, the E13ctron S4 and the Speck Pixel HD.

bc