What's new

iPhone 6 looses WiFi connection

Jack_Bikes

Reaction score
Not only WiFi but Bluetooth on occasion. I have a Pebble watch and my phone will disconnect from it and the reconnect a few moments later. When on WiFi at home I'll pick up my phone to check something and it's not connected to my modem. I toggle airplane mode and a few second later it reconnects. My wife's phone does not do this on WiFi. She has a 5s. We both are on OS 9.02. It seems that toggling Airplane mode resets it for a while. It's now becoming chronic.

Do I need to reset my network connections again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try resetting your network settings.

In case this doesn't help:
If you downloaded and installed iOS 9.0.2 over the air (Settings - General - Sotware Update), connect your device to iTunes on a computer, and restore it. Make sure there's a recent backup before restoring.

Ok, I have reset my network settings and will see how long this lasts. Honestly I don't see why an Apple product would keep doing this. This is simple stuff and yet it continues to happen. Lets just see if this is the fix or a band-aid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I suspected resetting the Network connection didn't work. I still loose connection. This time overnight. Bummer.

I have thought of two things you probably know but will share just in case. In normal iPhone use, when the phone sleeps, so does the wi-fi connection, so that when you press the home button, it shows it on cellular but within a couple of seconds it reconnects to wi-fi. That is how it's designed. Also, have you checked for updates to your modem or router. When my iPhone is slow to act as I expect, I find it is usually my ISP at the bottom of it.

Bear,

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a lot of ISP issues in the past, but they are now corrected. I have an all-in-one modem/router. There are sometimes problems with it, but I just reset it and it's ok until the next time. When this issue happens on my iPhone, it doesn't even see any WiFi hotspots in the neighborhood. I just realized something though. When I am out and about and go into a Starbucks, for example, my phone will always see that hotspot, so maybe is does have something to do with my router or modem. Something else to ponder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given your further info, it does sound like its the router/modem. And I know my cable company limits what equipment I can use unless I rent from them. Both of those mean my iPhone frequently is more advanced than my cable equipment.

Bear, you could be right. I used to have an Airport and an old Motorola modem and it worked ok for the longest time. Then things started happening to my connection. Slow speeds and static on my land line and the like. To shorten the story, after several months of this and a couple of IT techs, AT&T discovered a loose connection down the block. Been mostly ok since then. Funny that my wife's phone does not seem to have the same issue. I'm on AT&T & she's Verizon.

Yeah, I'm telling ya...if not for the unlimited data and everything else I am grandfathered into, I'd jump to Verizon but with the new plans come those new prices and I am such a dinosaur it's a significant price rise.

Bear, right you are, need a Verizon line for coverage issues when out of town. Wife's paying for it too. Just downloaded OS9.1 this am, so who knows.........

My only problem is when I am in crowds, too much congestion. Except in Las Vegas where the phone is lightening fast.