What's new

Iphone 6 ios 8.1 doesn't find any updates

muhammet.buba

Reaction score
Hi

I'm using an iPhone 6 with ios 8.1. Meanwhile there are updates to 8.1.1 and even to 8.1.2 now. I decided to update the phone but when I entered software update via the settings, it keeps saying it is searching for updates.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419977367.723174.jpg

This is going on for more than an hour now. I rebooted the phone but that didn't helped. Anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Belgium

I didn't have this problem, on none of my Apple iDevices.

Try updating your iPhone using iTunes (computer). Hopefully this will work better.

Hi

I'm using an iPhone 6 with ios 8.1. Meanwhile there are updates to 8.1.1 and even to 8.1.2 now. I decided to update the phone but when I entered software update via the settings, it keeps saying it is searching for updates.
View attachment 17816
This is going on for more than an hour now. I rebooted the phone but that didn't helped. Anyone else having the same problem?
Thanks in advance.

Greetings from Belgium
Is your iPhone jailbroken? If so, the jailbreak may be blocking the OTA software update ability to stop from ruining the jailbreak. If you have a jailbroken iPhone, any updates have to be done through iTunes on your computer.

Thanks. That was the problem indeed. Updated without any problems with iTunes!

I'm glad I could be of help. Thanks for letting us know that the offered solution worked, It may help the next member with your problem.