What's new

Iphone 6 charging problems

mike1

Reaction score
My iphone 6 is having a problem with what seems to be the charging port. I try 3 different charging cables, and I really have to play around to get the connection to "take hold". Even if I hear the chime, doesn't mean it's charging. What can I do?

As well as trying different charging cables, have you tried different USB ports, Chargers, and plug ins? If so, do they make any difference?

As well as trying different charging cables, have you tried different USB ports, Chargers, and plug ins? If so, do they make any difference?
Yes I've tried different one and still nothing. Never had an iphone do this, I guess I'll have tio bring it in for service.

Is your iPhone still under warranty? If the charging port is defective it would be covered under the standard warranty as well as AppleCare+.

Is your iPhone still under warranty? If the charging port is defective it would be covered under the standard warranty as well as AppleCare+.
Unfortunately no. Thanks for responding anyway.

Genius Bar appointments at an Apple Store are free and they'd be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with your iPhone after running a diagnostic. Before taking the iPhone to the Genius Bar, back up your iPhone, in case they have to erase your iPhone.

Last edited:
Genius Bar appointments at an Apple Store are free and they'd be able to tell you exactly what's wrong with your iPhone after running a diagnostic. Before taking the iPhone to the Genius Bar, back up your iPhone, in case they have to erase your iPhone.
OK thanks for the tip...I'll do that.

Last edited by a moderator: