What's new

iPhone 5S unlocking

tejus

Reaction score
I wanna buy a new iPhone 5S for someone in another country. Can I buy an AT&T iPhone 5S for contract, then transfer the contract to my iPhone 5, which just finished its contact, saying i lost my iPhone 5S or something, and then unlock my 5S so that it'll work on all GSM carriers in other countries as well. Should i pay any ETF or something? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Factory unlocking by 3rd party people.. What is it? What is done exactly?

Factory unlocking is normally done by the carrier. Software unlocks are normally done by 3rd parties. Unlocking your phone allows you to use your phone with the carrier of your choice so long as their sim is compatible with your type of phone. You will also be able to use your phone outside of the USA without expensive roaming charges. I am currently on vacation in Germany using my iphone on the Vodafone network. Resale value of an unlocked phone can be substantially higher as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The iphone 5s must be out of contract. Unlocks are granted by AT&T based on the phones imei #. They will see that the iphone 5s is not out of contract. Why not just unlock the 5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to pay some etf to at&t dont i? :p can i get it unlocked by some other people who do it for a lot less money?

The iphone 5 is already out ôf contract. Any way i can unlock the iphone 5S without having at&t do it for me?

The iphone 5 is already out ôf contract. Any way i can unlock the iphone 5S without having at&t do it for me?

With the new bill passed, carriers can openly unlock out-of-contract devices for you with little to no charge, but that's at the discretion of the carrier.

You can unlock the 5S on your own, but it'll run you at least $100, that's assuming the site is legitimate and it's not a bad remote lock.

Will there be any problems, if i unlock the 5S from 3rd party websites? Nothing right? The 5S would have a two year contract..

With the new bill passed, carriers can openly unlock out-of-contract devices for you with little to no charge, but that's at the discretion of the carrier. You can unlock the 5S on your own, but it'll run you at least $100, that's assuming the site is legitimate and it's not a bad remote lock.
will there be any trouble from at&t after that? Sorry, im relatively new to the country.

I need to pay some etf to at&t dont i? :p can i get it unlocked by some other people who do it for a lot less money?

if you use factory unlock service you don't have to pay to AT&T. don't trust jailbreak or stuff like that, it doesn't work on iphone 5s or 5c. find reliable site for factory unlocking and ask everything you wonder before you make order, cause sometimes IMEI number is incorrect and system rejects your phone unlock in this case they must return your money :) good luck

if you use factory unlock service you don't have to pay to AT&T. don't trust jailbreak or stuff like that, it doesn't work on iphone 5s or 5c. find reliable site for factory unlocking and ask everything you wonder before you make order, cause sometimes IMEI number is incorrect and system rejects your phone unlock in this case they must return your money :) good luck

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two different entities. Software unlocks only work on the 3G, 3GS and situationally on the 4, so no, you can trust jailbreaks, just don't trust software unlocks for the 4S and above is what you're trying to say.

yes I'm trying to say exactly that, cause when a person is new to iphone or just some technichs everyone can cheat him and just say for example that jailbreak can unlock iphone 5s and even take money for that

does anyone have any legitimate 3rd party websites for a factory unlock?

does anyone have any legitimate 3rd party websites for a factory unlock?

The correct term is remote or IMEI unlock. Factory unlocks are only performed in the factory prior to shipping.

The only site that iPhoneForums supports is ApplenBerry, which has since stopped a lot of their services. The runner up is chronicunlocks, which is vouched by a lot of hackers such as @ih8sn0w.

aren't the other unlocking sites legitimate? unlocking phones are legal everywhere except USA aren't?