iPhone 5S unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlocking' started by tejus, Mar 5, 2014.

1. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

Legitimacy is not defined by whether "unlocking is legal" or not. Legitimacy is defined by the reliability and whether or not they deliver at all. There are plenty of websites that routes you to a middle man, takes your money, and pretends nothing's happened. Or, they over charge for the service. And because 99% of these "other unlocking sites" you're referring to sells jailbreaking services as well, that just drags down their reliability because they're scamming the unknowing by charging them for 5 minutes of their time of what they can do at home for free.

2. Tamara_91

Tamara_91 New Member

ok I understan it's just my english problem that I asked about legitimacy. thank you

3. supacor

supacor New Member

not everything is fixed with a "use search bar, google"... im asking questions to learn, if you want to be rude and say "use search" then dont waste your time replying to me. i dont have hours to search on the internet like you, so i ask people who have already dealt with this issue. so there seems to be just 1 legitimate IMEI unlock site here in the USA, two of the suggested were scam sites tamara. any other hackers with some better advice?

4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

The answer has been provided to you in one of the first posts. To pull out the relevant pieces:

And to assume that people have hours to search Google for an answer for YOU is itself rude. If you don't like the answers provided here, I'm afraid your only recourse is to search elsewhere. Even if that means using Google yourself.

It's your question, problem or issue; do not put it on others to fix it for you. You can ask for help, sure, but please don't assume that we have to take on the burden of your answer because you said so.

If we can provide an answer, we will. If we can't - well, we can't.
    Marilyn

• Like Like x 2
  5. willerz2

willerz2 Super Moderator Staff Member

The other sites may be legitimate, but if they're soliciting payment for a free service such as jailbreaking, I wouldn't put it pass them to pull a fast one on an unlock purchase. It used to be a carefree ordeal because it only really costed about $10-20 to unlock it on AT&T, or about $50 or so in most other countries that aren't CDMA networks, which to a lot of people is just a lunch. But since the minimal price now is about $80 if not close to $150, it's better to play the safe card than to jump on any opportunity you get.

• Like Like x 2