What's new

iPhone 5s No voice audio on Bluetooth car hands free after screen replacement

Goneforaflick

Reaction score
Hi people's

I've just replaced my smashed iPhone 5s iOS 9.2 screen part from eBay.
Now when using my car hands free Bluetooth when on a call I can not hear the other person on the other end of the phone. With incoming calls the phone rings through the Bluetooth cars speakers. When I answer they can hear me but I hear nothing. When I make an outgoing call no dailing/ring tone or when the other end answers I can't hear them.
Music works fined not the car Bluetooth, also on other Bluetooth speakers music works fine.
Just phone calls voice audio doesn't work.
I've tried a hard reset, and forgetting device and reconnecting nothing.
My other iPhone 4 works fine on the cars Bluetooth.
Thinking it might be something during the screen change or a part of the screen as it came with the ear speaker/light proximity sensor cable already assembled.
I did notice that on the new screen the had cut off the grounding cable that sticks to the back of the LCD screen. Ref picture

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 450
If the grounding cable is damaged on the replacement screen, that could be the cause of your problem. Does the phone work normally when Bluetooth is turned off?

If the grounding cable is damaged on the replacement screen, that could be the cause of your problem. Does the phone work normally when Bluetooth is turned off?
Yeah it all works fine, the problem is only during Bluetooth phone calls. I can hear the other side or dailing tone either
Bluetooth music works fine too

You may have to have the screen replaced again for one with an intact grounding cable.

I've put my old screen back in but it still has the same problem. Looks like it wasn't the grounding cable going it.