What's new

iPhone 5s jailbreak question , upgrade to 7.1.2?

MacGuyver

Reaction score
I have a 5s iPhone , currently on iOS 7.1 , should I jailbreak it now, or should I upgrade to 7.1.2?

Does it matter if I jailbreak it , then upgrade to 7.1.2?
If I jailbreak it now , and then upgrade to 7.1.2 , wil I lose the jailbreak and have to do it again?

I apologize in advance if these sound like noob questions, lol.

Honestly speaking, if your device is not acting up, don't touch it. Any changes that Apple made through their iOS updates are available as patches that you can get on Cydia.

Honestly speaking, if your device is not acting up, don't touch it. Any changes that Apple made through their iOS updates are available as patches that you can get on Cydia.

you don't recommend jailbreaking it?
I thought that's what everyone does , so they can tweak their phone to their liking.

Why do you say not to do it?
Is it that the jailbreak is not yet stable or something?
I was under the impression that I would always be able to go back to factory without any harm.

you don't recommend jailbreaking it?
I thought that's what everyone does , so they can tweak their phone to their liking.

Why do you say not to do it?
Is it that the jailbreak is not yet stable or something?
I was under the impression that I would always be able to go back to factory without any harm.

I don't recommend upgrading it from its current state. iOS 7.1.2 is not worth the hassle for just an email encryption patch. You can get the exact same patch through Cydia. 7.1 and 7.1.1 both have much greater stability and compatibility when it comes to packages on Cydia. 7.1.2 will break tweaks that are working on 7.0 - 7.1.1.