What's new

Iphone 5S 7.0.4: any help or info before i jailbreak??

frankdz

Reaction score
Hi,

the purpose of this thread is, i had an iphone 5S on 7.0.6 that was jailbroken and some tweaks stuffed it up and wanted to restore but I couldnt because the new update was out 7.1 and was reading somewhere about saving shsh and stuff then i would of been able to.

so anyways, i now have another iphone 5S that is straight out the box and activated and set as new phone at 7.0.4..

1. I'm about to jailbreak the iphone but i would like to get it to 7.0.6 and then jailbreak but i don't think that is possible or is it?

2. what do i need to do before i jailbreaking so that if i do encounter problems i can restore back to the same jailbreak-able firmware without upgrading to 7.1 that isn't and probably wont be able to be jailbroken.

I've tried doing some research and its hard to find answers but one thing i did find was using a cydia tweak called "iLEX RAT" which "will essentially factory reset your iphone but will keep the jailbreak intact" "removes all installed tweaks and jailbreak related files except cydia itself, getting rid of any problematic tweats that might have caused an issue"

thanks
frank

Hi,

the purpose of this thread is, i had an iphone 5S on 7.0.6 that was jailbroken and some tweaks stuffed it up and wanted to restore but I couldnt because the new update was out 7.1 and was reading somewhere about saving shsh and stuff then i would of been able to.

so anyways, i now have another iphone 5S that is straight out the box and activated and set as new phone at 7.0.4..

1. I'm about to jailbreak the iphone but i would like to get it to 7.0.6 and then jailbreak but i don't think that is possible or is it?

2. what do i need to do before i jailbreaking so that if i do encounter problems i can restore back to the same jailbreak-able firmware without upgrading to 7.1 that isn't and probably wont be able to be jailbroken.

I've tried doing some research and its hard to find answers but one thing i did find was using a cydia tweak called "iLEX RAT" which "will essentially factory reset your iphone but will keep the jailbreak intact" "removes all installed tweaks and jailbreak related files except cydia itself, getting rid of any problematic tweats that might have caused an issue"

thanks
frank

1. I'm afraid that if you want to jdilbreak that phone you'll have to do it on iOS 7.0.4. The only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.1.

2. If you encounter a problem with your jailbreaking that necessitates a restore you will end up on iOS 7.1, there is no way to restore to any other iOS version.

1. I'm afraid that if you want to jdilbreak that phone you'll have to do it on iOS 7.0.4. The only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.1.

2. If you encounter a problem with your jailbreaking that necessitates a restore you will end up on iOS 7.1, there is no way to restore to any other iOS version.

is that the case even if i use the software or cydia tweaks like "semi-restore" and/or "iLEX RAT" ??

is that the case even if i use the software or cydia tweaks like "semi-restore" and/or "iLEX RAT" ??
Semi restore is not a full restore and ILEX R.A.T. Removes your jailbroken tweaks and apps without getting rid OT the jailbreak itself. Anything requiring a full restore will result in your iPhone being upgraded to the latest iOS version .