What's new

iphone 5C - Notification question

Ronpfid

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Question: When I see people on TV using iphones, it looks like their phone can be laying there 'asleep' on the table, and when an email comes in, it lights up and shows like a lockscreen with an email or text message preview on the screen so you can quickly see who sent you the email and then open it if you want. Is that really true?

Thanks~!

Hey Folks, Question: When I see people on TV using iphones, it looks like their phone can be laying there 'asleep' on the table, and when an email comes in, it lights up and shows like a lockscreen with an email or text message preview on the screen so you can quickly see who sent you the email and then open it if you want. Is that really true? Thanks~!
Yes. Settings>Notification Center>Mail>choose account>set to "alert" $image-1684894701.jpg
The same would be done for Messages.

Last edited:
I have Facebook Messenger set that way. But not email and text messages. Reason is anyone could look and see the email or text before you get to it. It's a privacy issue with me.

I have mine set to Banners and Show Preview is set to off. That way I know who sent me email and that it came in but any casual observer sees nothing of content or subject.