What's new

iPhone 5 wifi greyed out bluetooth not working (forced to update to 6.1.4) plz help..

hanl1

Reaction score
Guys I need a bit of help here. So my iphone 5 was running on a jailbroken 6.0.something yesterday when i decided to change the mac address of my iphone. Without doing enough research, I simply ran 'nvram wifiaddr=<my fake invalid address>' as root in terminal and restarted my phone. After that my phone stopped working, forced me to connect to iTunes, restored and updated to 6.1.4, and I sadly discovered that my wifi is not working any more (wifi is OFF status, and the on/off switch is greyed out). Also my blue tooth stopped working as well (always a rotating circle as if it were busy doing something). My wifi address under General->About is N/A. I did everything I could do with a non-jailbroken iphone and still could not fix this problem. Is there anything I can do?? I believe my iphone is still under warranty, so i guess a last resort will be to bring it to store and let them deal with it.. But I'd prefer not to if possible.
The only way to fix it, as far as I know, is to re-run 'nvram' with option '-d' to delete my variable but obviously I have no root access and hope for a 6.1.4 jailbreak doest not seem to be very bright. I'm in a very frustrating situation here..

So please, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This is why you never spoof Mac addresses. You won't be able to fix it without developer access or jailbreaking it since it's drilled into the profile of your device.

Is there a legal way to get developer access to my iphone ?

But developer account does not grant me root access right?

Developer access requires a $99 annual fee. And developer access won't directly give you root access but will allow you to run commands that can allow you to do so

Guys I need a bit of help here. So my iphone 5 was running on a jailbroken 6.0.something yesterday when i decided to change the mac address of my iphone. Without doing enough research, I simply ran 'nvram wifiaddr=<my fake invalid address>' as root in terminal and restarted my phone. After that my phone stopped working, forced me to connect to iTunes, restored and updated to 6.1.4, and I sadly discovered that my wifi is not working any more (wifi is OFF status, and the on/off switch is greyed out). Also my blue tooth stopped working as well (always a rotating circle as if it were busy doing something). My wifi address under General->About is N/A. I did everything I could do with a non-jailbroken iphone and still could not fix this problem. Is there anything I can do?? I believe my iphone is still under warranty, so i guess a last resort will be to bring it to store and let them deal with it.. But I'd prefer not to if possible.
The only way to fix it, as far as I know, is to re-run 'nvram' with option '-d' to delete my variable but obviously I have no root access and hope for a 6.1.4 jailbreak doest not seem to be very bright. I'm in a very frustrating situation here..

So please, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For WiFi not working remove D battery without torn off D phone for five minute, den check (or change D battery) when u torn on ur iPhone put D SIM & connect to iTunes