What's new

iPhone 5 Shows 3 More Updated Apps Than Are There

jimt29

Reaction score
Typical example is this morning I see 4 updates are ready in the Apple app store. Only 1 update actually is.

Yesterday I see 6 updates ready. Only 3 updates actually were.

Anyway to get this fixed?

I have that problem but it's the same 2

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I've been having similar issues.
App store may say I have 1..2..or 3 etc. updates but when I click it, it says all apps are up to date.

I've been having similar issues.
App store may say I have 1..2..or 3 etc. updates but when I click it, it says all apps are up to date.
That had happened to me shortly after I downloaded and installed iOS 7 but its all right now and functions properly.

I found one possible answer. If you are still using IOS 6.XX then some apps that didn't/can't update because they are for IOS 7.XX are causing the counter to increment.

I tried the recommended solution which was to attempt to update the 3 offending apps but it failed to correct the problem. If you attempt to upgrade to an IOS version 7.XX only app you get the answer that the latest compatible version will be downloaded only.

Bottom line is that you probably should either delete the offending app, update to IOS 7.XX or live with the counter being off.

UPDATE: I deleted the 3 offending apps and the counter is now empty.

Last edited:
I am still on ios6 so that probly is the problem.
Guess I'll live the the counter being off, don't care for ios7.

I also am on IOS 6 but that's because the iPhone 5 is jail broken. I have an iPad that is on IOS 7 and I'm very pleased with the performance and new features. I find it's a big improvement over IOS 6.