What's new

How to stop apps from updating??

EWyatt

Reaction score
After my recent iOS upgrade, my iPhone 4 suddenly showed dozens of apps that needed updates. I inadvertently hit "Update All" and I was stuck with a long download of huge apps, etc. Is there some clean, recommended way to stop an update run, other than simply closing out the App Store, or turning off the phone, or whatever? Thanks.

You have stated the only two ways I know how to stop a download. If there is a third way, even I would love to read about it.

Thanks, Skull... I thought that would be the answer. Glad I have a fast Internet connection though. The mega-updates didn't take TOO long, except for that 323 MB app update, and many others like it. And FYI, I like my new iOS upgrade, which went well. Good stuff -- except for the mistake I made using our same Apple ID for iCloud stuff. More anxiety!

Probably the reason you got that update was the IOS upgrade.

Was there one for iPhone today? I been busy with my new iPad and fixing some major problems with Windows 8.

Probably the reason you got that update was the IOS upgrade.

Was there one for iPhone today? I been busy with my new iPad and fixing some major problems with Windows 8.
Yes, the iOS upgrade indeed fueled those many app updates. But tell me, what kind of major probs are you having with Windows 8? It's a pretty stable OS, I've been told....