What's new

iPhone 5 keeps turning back ON during restore...

haoleflip

Reaction score
I have tried twice already to restore this iPhone 5 that I have, but in the middle of restore, the phone leaves DFU and powers back to the home screen and doesn't complete the restore. Any idea what the problem may be? I am not on iOS 7 yet, but am trying to upgrade to iOS 7 with a clean slate by restoring in DFU mode.

Last edited:
I have tried twice already to restore this iPhone 5 that I have, but in the middle of restore, the phone leaves DFU and powers back to the home screen and doesn't complete the restore. Any idea what the problem may be? I am not on iOS 7 yet, but am trying to upgrade to iOS 7 with a clean slate by restoring in DFU mode.

Are you using iTunes to download and install the update? Or are you doing a shift/option check for update?

I should have clarified. When you are in dfu mode and trying to update Are you using the ios download and update option in iTunes, or are you downloading the ipsw (ios update file) from a website and then doing a shift+restore (win), option+restore (Mac) and selecting that ipsw that you downloaded?