What's new

iPhone 5 keeps telling me invalid sim

The SIM card I used was a working SIM card from sprint. But I'll also try going to the sprint store. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to get my iPhone 5 unlocked but I need to also know what carrier it is before I can get it unlocked. The imei number is 990003194964116. I would greatly appreciate it if somebody helped me thank you

I am trying to get my iPhone 5 unlocked but I need to also know what carrier it is before I can get it unlocked. The imei number is 990003194964116. I would greatly appreciate it if somebody helped me thank you

If you go to Settings>General>About>Carrier, it should tell you what carrier it was last used with and probably locked to.

Didn't Poisonivy tell you last week it was a Sprint phone? I am starting to wonder how you acquired this iphone. And last week you told us it was unlocked. Which means not locked to any carrier. Now it isn't? Did you mean activation lock? That requires the previous owners Apple ID and password no way around that.

@latin1king2000

I've merged both your threads, as they're discussing the same question. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

I took it to Apple yesterday and they told me that it was AT&T. Then right beside it, it said cricket wireless locked. But it is also saying it's a cdma phone. He told me that sprint or Verizon is the carrier. So I went to both and they told me cricket wireless is the carrier. I'm so confused. And also for your information I BOUGHT the phone on Craigslist.

There you have it then. The phone is locked to Cricket. That is where you need to go next.