What's new

iPhone 5 = iPhone 4S?

Jmes1991

Reaction score
To anyone anticipating an iPhone redesign, it looks like it's somehow confirmed to be nothing but an internally improved iPhone 4, or should I say the iPhone 4S.

Apple to Send iOS 5 GM to iPhone 5 Assemblers in September End - to have iPhone N94 like Design | MacPost

A person who goes by Kuo has made a claim on leaked specs as well as the leaked n94 parts. To me, this seems plausible especially since there never has been a single leaked iphone 5 part that suggests a complete redesign. The only piece of evidence, or maybe not even evidence anymore, is the iphone 5 cases that have been produced. However, I can make a claim that iPod touch cases were made for the 3rd generation of iPod touches, and I spotted one with a camera hole in the back. When the 3rd generation iPod touch came out, there was no camera.

My conclusion: iPhone 5 is probably nothing more than an upgraded iPhone 4 just like when the iPhone 3G was upgraded to the iPhone 3GS.

Call me crazy, but the sources are beginning to piece into a puzzle. Here are the puzzle pieces:

1) leaked iphone picture that was 8 megapixel. I believe the iPhone 4S will sport an 8 megapixel camera, and the data of that leaked photo said "iPhone 4".

2) the leaked n94 parts resembling an iPhone 4. Put these pieces together, and you will get an iPhone 4, except with a faster processor, more ram, better camera, and better antenna design to prevent the death grip.

When you put them together, you get nothing more but an iphone 4, unless apple is doing a really good job with hiding the iPhone 5.

I cant wait till it comes out, i dont care what they call it......lol

I hope this is not true. The biggest thing holding me back is the screen size. If it went to a 4-4.3" screen they would definitely have me sold. If it is still 3.5" then I am just not sure.

yesnod.gif
It's defiantly beginning to look that way.
sad.gif

Maybe the 16GB will go to $99.00. :)

Apple is doing a good job of hiding it from people like you or i. Think about it, we are nobody in the world of technology when compared to the likes of Apple (sarcasim). Apple has many people paid a LOT of money to keep these things under wraps, and those who ARE "in the know" are under a very strict NDA. - Do you think that they will risk it to let someone like you or me know whats going on? Right......

There IS an iPhone 5 on the loose in the world, but after what happened between Apple and Gizmodo, i think anyone who has the device and shows it would be very stupid... it leads them directly to stolen product and would only lead to issues.

My advice to you... spend less time scowering the internet looking for information on the mythical device and just wait until it comes out. Time can be spent doing better things.

To anyone anticipating an iPhone redesign, it looks like it's somehow confirmed to be nothing but an internally improved iPhone 4, or should I say the iPhone 4S.

Apple to Send iOS 5 GM to iPhone 5 Assemblers in September End - to have iPhone N94 like Design | MacPost

A person who goes by Kuo has made a claim on leaked specs as well as the leaked n94 parts. To me, this seems plausible especially since there never has been a single leaked iphone 5 part that suggests a complete redesign. The only piece of evidence, or maybe not even evidence anymore, is the iphone 5 cases that have been produced. However, I can make a claim that iPod touch cases were made for the 3rd generation of iPod touches, and I spotted one with a camera hole in the back. When the 3rd generation iPod touch came out, there was no camera.

My conclusion: iPhone 5 is probably nothing more than an upgraded iPhone 4 just like when the iPhone 3G was upgraded to the iPhone 3GS.

Call me crazy, but the sources are beginning to piece into a puzzle. Here are the puzzle pieces:

1) leaked iphone picture that was 8 megapixel. I believe the iPhone 4S will sport an 8 megapixel camera, and the data of that leaked photo said "iPhone 4".

2) the leaked n94 parts resembling an iPhone 4. Put these pieces together, and you will get an iPhone 4, except with a faster processor, more ram, better camera, and better antenna design to prevent the death grip.

When you put them together, you get nothing more but an iphone 4, unless apple is doing a really good job with hiding the iPhone 5.

Not that I'm trying to be a hard *moderated* on you, but didn't you just contradict yourself? So, I'm looking up these news, or what you said are "myths." iPhone 5 is on the loose right? Is it confirmed it's an iPhone 5? Who knows, it could be an iPhone 4S which simply looks like the n94 together together. I agree that apple is good at keeping things in secret, but not until the iPhone 4 incident. No body is perfect, we all make mistakes. So, back to your question, "do you think that [apple] would risk it to let someone like you or me know what's going on?" Of course not, but LEAKS do happen, like the n94 parts and the iPhone 4 prototype? Think about it, if N94 parts are leaked, then how is it that this iPhone 5 (that you claim is for sure on the loose) really exists? Apple ONLY said they have a lost prototype, but nobody said the prototype is confirmed to be an iPhone 5. The only evidence of an iPhone 5's existence are the beta images that shows a bigger looking iPhone and the supposedly iPhone 5 cases. China has this iPhone 5 clone already, the cases could be made for the clones? There is no concrete evidence showing the existence of iPhone 5. So next time, tell me about the iPhone 5 when there is REAL evidence that pieces together logically.

"My advice to you..." Don't tell people what to do, if it makes me happy to browse around about iPhone 5, then let me be. Of course I'll wait for the announcement, and still am. Don't tell me how to spend my time on other things because you don't know how I spend my time. In this case, you made the worst assumption that this is how I spend my time. Well, contradiction look at how you know about this iPhone 5 being out there. So, shouldn't you have other better things to do? I have a balance with school, priorities, and leisure time. Another point, don't go calling my stuff myths. If it were a myth, then evidence would have never existed. If anything, your iPhone 5 idea is a myth. Really? There IS an iPhone 5 on the loose? The only evidence is a police search, iPhone 5 cases, that beta picture, and Apple's claim of a lost prototype. No concrete evidence to prove that it's an iPhone 5 on the loose. Lastly, learn to READ properly because my post is nothing but my own speculation. You have your own speculations with NO ABSOLUTE PROOF while I have my own.

Apple is doing a good job of hiding it from people like you or i. Think about it, we are nobody in the world of technology when compared to the likes of Apple (sarcasim). Apple has many people paid a LOT of money to keep these things under wraps, and those who ARE "in the know" are under a very strict NDA. - Do you think that they will risk it to let someone like you or me know whats going on? Right......

There IS an iPhone 5 on the loose in the world, but after what happened between Apple and Gizmodo, i think anyone who has the device and shows it would be very stupid... it leads them directly to stolen product and would only lead to issues.

My advice to you... spend less time scowering the internet looking for information on the mythical device and just wait until it comes out. Time can be spent doing better things.

Last edited by a moderator:
mbern1008 said:
I hope this is not true. The biggest thing holding me back is the screen size. If it went to a 4-4.3" screen they would definitely have me sold. If it is still 3.5" then I am just not sure.

Oh my, I pray they don't increase the size of the phone. If they can redesign it to create larger screen, fine. Otherwise, I will pass. I already have an iPad and accessories which can accommodate iPhone/iPod Touch devices.

Yeah, I honestly would be content if the iPhone size stays the same. Especially since I plan to upgrade from a 3GS. At least it'll have that wonderful retina display :) Also, I like the design for iPhone 4, so I hope it keeps that design.

mbern1008 said:

Oh my, I pray they don't increase the size of the phone. If they can redesign it to create larger screen, fine. Otherwise, I will pass. I already have an iPad and accessories which can accommodate iPhone/iPod Touch devices.

Idc either way I want 4g but it may be a battery drained for all we know!
I'm using 3GS still have time to cough out 150$ but am not gonna bother. I'm happy w this phone just not crazy for no flash but I don't use camera in phone as much as my reg camera:)
I love the sync to move pics to my iPad to laptop etc :)

Jmes1991 said:
Yeah, I honestly would be content if the iPhone size stays the same. Especially since I plan to upgrade from a 3GS. At least it'll have that wonderful retina display :) Also, I like the design for iPhone 4, so I hope it keeps that design.

+1 and patience s a virtue everyone ;).

the form size IMHO is just right, the screen could be made longer if they moved the home button to the top left shoulder matching the ON button, this would aid easier screen shots when using one hand.

To widen the screen would not add much, but being longer could make sense for having a twin screen ability (like the innovative and continuing popular Nintendo DS format).

As example gps apps, map one side and next junction or instructions the other, I know I'd like the map to stay on when a call comes in or not to obliterate the screen to show the junction lane layout as examples.