What's new

iphone 5 has a slight rattle

egobuster1

Reaction score
my iphone 5 has a slight rattle when i shake it and its coming form the sleep/standbye button because if i just put my finger on it and shake it then theres no noise im just wondering if anyone else is also experiencing this as im not sure if its normal or if i should go get a new phone from apple.

my iphone 5 has a slight rattle when i shake it and its coming form the sleep/standbye button because if i just put my finger on it and shake it then theres no noise im just wondering if anyone else is also experiencing this as im not sure if its normal or if i should go get a new phone from apple.
nothing should be loose and rattling,i suggest giving Apple a ring as you have 90 days phone support and see what they suggest.

If you live by an apple store take it in and they will replace it instantly, I did it with my Iphone 5, apple are very good with customer service

alright i have 2 apple stores within 3 miles of me so ill make a appointment and have it swapped out

Poisonivy said:
nothing should be loose and rattling,i suggest giving Apple a ring as you have 90 days phone support and see what they suggest.

The iPhone 5 has a physical counterweight vibration mechanism unlike the 4 and 4s. You can actually feel the weight roll around when you give the phone a good shake straight up and down. This is normal.

The reason apple changed this is because the new vibrator is smaller and stronger than the one in the 4.

It's the vibration motor located in the top portion of the phone. Nothing to worry about, as I was told by an apple genius.

The iPhone 5 has a physical counterweight vibration mechanism unlike the 4 and 4s. You can actually feel the weight roll around when you give the phone a good shake straight up and down. This is normal.

The reason apple changed this is because the new vibrator is smaller and stronger than the one in the 4.
my iphone 5 has no rattle whatsoever so i still think that any rattle needs checking out.

Funny i came across this because just yesterday i put my phone down and thought i heard a rattle. I picked it up and started to shake it holding it from the bottom and I could hear it. I grabbed the top and started to shake it again and it went away. Not to concerned with it yet but if it really starts to bother me then I will go to an apple store.