What's new

Iphone 5 cydia tweaks and apps cant be removed

jesziicuh

Reaction score
Ok so the subject says it all .

My jailbroken iphone5 won't delete packages. When I remove them my device just resprings and the apps and tweaks are still there. Has anyone heard of this before and know of any fixes ?

Also my weather app will not open :(

Thanks on advance for the help

The stock weather app doesn't work on the Evasi0n jailbreak in some cases. It's easily remedied with a Weather app from the AppStore.

What's the procedure that you're taking when attempting to remove the apps/tweaks

Last edited:
Really ? My weather app was working a day ago but ok that I can live with lol
Well I go into cydia them packages and pick modify up top and remove then my device resprings but the app or tweak is still there is there any fix for this ?

Does tapping Remove automatically jump to respringing? Or is respringing after the commands and log shows up.

It resprings after the command log and prompts me to resprings the device

This is a first. Don't think I've ever seen this problem before TBH. If you have Safe Mode Substrate and MobileSubstrate installed, put your 5 into Safe Mode and try uninstalling them in Safe Mode and see if that helps.

Assuming you have SBSettings installed (or MobileSubstrate and Safe Mode Substrate; SBSettings installs these automatically if you have it), you would power off your device. Hold the volume up button, and power your device. Keep holding the volume up button until you see your lockscreen.

what cydia repos are you using ? if its a repo that you installed other than the ones cydia installs this will cause that problem. the solution to that is delete the repo. not saying you have done this, but this is one possible solution.

Repos would cause caching and loading errors, not respringing issues. Repos themselves are static, packages are the variables.

i seen this one time at work on a iphone 5, he had installed repos other than stock cydias repos, could not delete anything downloaded from them, if you pushed delete it would respring. then i had him to delete the repo which would delete the app . i only have seen this on iphone 5. i understand willerz2 what you are stating, as of now this is my only fix for a problem similar to this one.

Thank you everyone ! I put it in safe mode deleted the package I suspected and then deleted the repo . Now everything's working fine besides my weather app which I'm not sure how to fix at all