What's new

Iphone 5 battery life dismal

dlimcher

Reaction score
Is this average battery life on an iPhone 5?

Or am I missing something. I thought it was supposed to be a lot better. Ie benchmark test have the Internet use benched at 10 hrs

Attachments

• $image-380823977.jpg
    $image-380823977.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 635
  • $image-1437346714.jpg
    $image-1437346714.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 616
Theres alot of variables when measuring battery life. Signal strength, apps being used, location services and other settings.

All in all though 6 hours seems to be the average.

Location services and screen brightness were of the main "culprits" on my wife's phone. Switch off what you don't need and lower screen brightness. My wife's phone, Face Book all the time on, is using about 11% per hour - that is about 8 hours of usage up to 10% left. But best thing is to play around. All in all 6 hours is not the worst I've seen....

The only thing I do is make sure my location setting is NEVER turned on unless I need it on ... I normally get a full days usage out of my phone ...However I do run a Morphie Juice pak / case on my iPhone 5 just to make sure on the rare day I don't I can still use the phone

Bob G.

Based on that battery life, I am going to guess you play a LOT of games.

Have never understood why someone would video stream on an iPhone. That's what iPads are for! :D

True, but I have a friend who has an iPhone and she streams YouTube for hours at a time. I keep telling her she needs an iPad, but she doesn't seem to hear me!

if my phone is jailbroken, does my battery life change compared to a non jailbroken one

what does run apps in the background me? like my apps apps? like fb and everything?

That is with light usage. Barely any games, some web surfing and moderate texting. I figured with that my battery should last a whole lot longer. Also I had LTE on for some of the time and things like that. What kind of battery life are you all getting? And what do you have turned on?