What's new

iPhone 5 (6.1.4) I'm using System Process app and its showing JB processes running.

Heavensdad

Reaction score
iPhone 5 and iphone 4 using a shared data plan using close to 30GB worth of data a month since I got the phones on June 12th. I have talked to apple support and the fraud department and Verizon support and the fraud department, getting no where !! The firmware on the iphone 5 is 6.1.4 with no way to downgrade as I got the phone in store new on June 12. And the iPhone 4 has 6.1.3 (also no jail break has been released to the public). When I run the system process manager it shows me the normal apps running on the phone and a grid running of my CPU usage. A minute ago it showed one bar going by and I was running about 2-8 CPU just watching it. Last night 2 bars were running on the grid, the one is my phone of course and the other line was going insane, in this time period I was using 80-100% of my CPU. Just as I was watching it. Then looking under "other processes running" I was getting a lot of process, I believe the most at one time was 61, a lot of them made sense to me and I knew they needed to be run in the back ground for the iPhone to work properly. But then I started seeing a few that looked strange. One was Absinthed which is a version of Greenpois0n used to jailbreak earlier firmware. then "Keybagd" which is a key logger, under review of loggers, i don't like this at all. Then the process that really made me feel someone had hacked into something was "CommCenterRootHe" process, hence "Root" and when doing a simple google search brought up ( [iPhone] Tethering on iOS4 through Commcenter Hacking (IE Free) (4.0-4.3.2 compatible) - MacRumors Forums ) where someone can tweak a little and switch on the hotspot. Now here is where it makes a little sense. When I purchased the iPhone 5 in the Verizon store on June 12 2013 I had with me my old iPhone 4 (AT&T) running on (Net10) service. I had this iPhone jailbroken with absinthe and set up where i could manual insert my APN settings for data to work. When the iPhone was running 5.1.1 and left it at that. And since I wanted the iPhone that day and no longer needed this iPhone, they bought it from me. And now that all this is happening and has since day one I'm a little sketchy about if my iPhone ever made it back to apple where It was to be restored and resold. (They were closing and I never planned on selling it or I would have cleared it myself).

Also I had put an VPN on my iPhone 5 to track all apps usage so I could figure out where my data was going and to see if maybe I had a run away app. No I did not ! I started having apps come up on the VPN (as if they were running on my phone) and downloaded off iTunes and using data, I did not even have these apps that were showing up on my phone !I then logged into my iTunes, then went to purchased and reviewed my downloaded apps over the iCloud and their was at least 15 in there that I have never downloaded on any iPhone. I then called apple and reset my password, but it's still happening and I'm thinking the key logger would be the easy way to bypass that.

I have a ton of information and it doesn't seem like apple or Verizon is wanting to go out of their way to help me. I now have a $700 bill for one month and the next bill will end on the 12th and I'm at 26GB right now !

I also have the original box the "old" jailbroken iPhone that I sold to Verizon with the S/N and every other piece of information. Would really like to also know if the iPhone ever made it back to apple to be reset. When I gave Verizon's "over the phone" tech support the order number for my phone and sale, the order would not come up... Sketchy? I think so.

Any information would help. Thank you.
iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4
I have this question too (0) Categories: Mail, Contact & Calendar, Wi-Fi, 3G and Bluetooth, Syncing, Apps, Basics, Location Services, Internet Tethering / Personal Hotspot, Safari Tags: itunes, iphone, contacts, data, deleted, calls, trigger, jailbreak, root, tethering, online, process, losing, billing, hack, scam, stealing, fake, absinthed

The old phone that was on net 10 wouldnt affect your verizon bill at all. That phone couldnt be used on verizon since its a gsm model.

You need to put your phone in dfu mode and restore it. Put a fresh copy of 6.1.4 and any and all "sketchy" software will be removed.

I may have missed it but are you sure the other line on the account isnt streaming video, music etc?

Also have these processes. All the ones you listed and more. One you didn't mention was EscrowSecurityAlert which I can't find any info on.

Restoring from a backup made when the device was full of jailbroken tweaks will result in some traits carried over if they were direct mods to system files.

My ipod has never been jailbroken. But I have these processes. Have you ever heard if "bad magic"? Noticed it last week under a safari crash log. I posted about it in my first thread.

And I've never been able to backup, no home computer and no room left on cloud for a back up.

I had the same problem on my iPod running ios 6.4 it was showing constant data surge, after a week it came to the scluction that the problem was iMessage, made me so mad, think it is fixed in 7
I hope u the best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk