What's new

Iphone 4s with no information

Argile.1234

Reaction score
I recieved a broken iphone 4s as a gift. It was only the screen that was broke.

When I changed the screen I turned it on and it was working just fine. I did notice an IME, but I did not see any other information.

When I restored the phone through Itunes, it was like new, but when I go through the activation screen it times out. I wanted to fix it and give it to my little brother who lives in Canada so a different network. I tried to bypass the activation screen using Hactivation methods, but none seem to work.

Basically I need to bypass the activation screen to make sure the phone is still working properly.

Any ideas? Any other required info, please let me know. Thank you.

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass the activation screen. This is part of the increased security measures implemented with iOS 7. To get past the activation screen you need the Apple ID and password of the original owner. Without that, there is no way to activate the phone.

I can get what ever info I need for the phone from the original owner. The problem is that I can't even get past the activation screen to access any accounts or anything. Where in the activation would I use or need the Apple ID and password?

I can get what ever info I need for the phone from the original owner. The problem is that I can't even get past the activation screen to access any accounts or anything. Where in the activation would I use or need the Apple ID and password?
If your iPhone is registered to another Apple ID, you should be seeing this screen when trying to activate the iPhone. $image-1160553011.jpg If you don't see this screen and the phone won't activate, there may be hardware problems, possibly caused by the repairs.

If you haven't already done so, you may want to try looking here. http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3424

You could also try here. http://store.apple.com/ca/help/iphone

Last edited:
no i don't see that screen. I see the activation screen, but without the apple id request. It just says, please wait while we activate your phone. The Apple store forum has no help either

no i don't see that screen. I see the activation screen, but without the apple id request. It just says, please wait while we activate your phone. The Apple store forum has no help either
Check to make sure that the SIM card is properly seated in the holder and that there is no visible damage to either. If the phone still won't activate, the SIM card may be defective. If you can, try the activation process with another SIM card, it doesn't have to be an active SIM card.

lol HI back....

and now I'm stuck in DFU mode. Itunes doesn't recognize my device i don't think. Itunes says that I need to restore my phone and if I want itunes to restore for me. I select yes, but then it gets about 1/2 way through and says that it couldn't finish the restore... Then i get stuck and stay stuck on DFU mode... any further advice?