What's new

iphone 4S will not recognize 3G network post trip to Canada

morrisht

Reaction score
Any advice on how to get a 4S iphone back onto the Verizon 3G network. The phone was switched to a global plan after taking a trip to canada. I can no longer access the 3G network. I am hesitant about buying a phone in the event that the next version is released in the fall. All attempts with Verizon have failed with the only option to purchase a new phone.

Last edited:
Any advice on how to get a 4S iphone back onto the Verizon 3G network. The phone was switched to a global plan after taking a trip to canada. I can no longer access the 3G network. I am hesitant about buying a phone in the event that the next version is released in the fall. All attempts with Verizon have failed with the only option to purchase a new phone.
What have you done so far to try and correct the problem?

Rest the network. cleared the network and contents of the phone. Reloaded the phone. *228, *228 option1 *228 option2. All could call, but no connection made. Did a hard reset with holding down both buttons. Verizon can tell the phone can recognize all of the towers, I went to the iphone store. They did a hard reset with their software. They claim it is the network, yet at 2:55 am saturday they can tell the phone connected to the tower. It is still searching for the network after all of this. The backup was encrypted, and all passwords I have ever used on the phone does not work. So I can't reload the original backup. At this point I just had to get another phone. I can't work without one. 7 days without a phone is a problem. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it but I am just wasting your time.

Very sorry for this issue and that we couldn't help. I am glad you posted this so others may be aware. It would make me think twice about getting a temporary plan if leaving the country. It would almost have to be a Verizon issue I would think????

Did you by any chance take your phone to a known Verizon corporate store rather than a franchise? Believe it or not, they are much more able to handle technical issues such as yours.

Bad sim card or bad connexion to sim card

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk