What's new

Iphone 4S trouble

SAM only works if you have a SAM ticket saved from back when the exploit was open. You'll still need to unlock it.

i got a hacktivate option in sam itself and now my itunes is syncing. but no network detected.. :( only one bar... but cant make calls

From what I'm gathering, you didn't unlock the device, you simply hacktivated it so you can access the phone without first setting it up.

How to unlock .. ? please help . i believe its not possible now ?

The 4S can be IMEI unlocked or unlocked using an interposer like the Gevey SIM. One is permanent and one is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Hello Jon,

Thank you for guiding me whole way.. these forum has been very helpful for me for last 2 years ...for many iphone issues. keep up the good job.

I gave my imei number for factory unlock , it was difficult to find a factory unlock for Fido - Canada sim carrier , but still managed to get one at $140.

1) is it must that i restore to get factory unlock? i believe its not required as its already showing not activated in itunes, am i right?
2) if i restore and factory unlock will i be able to jailbreak to get cydia?
3) if i restore to 6.0.1 does it have any cons comparing to 5.0.1 like low battery life.

1) You can try to see if it's working now without a restore, but protocol would be to restore it and such. I've always restored it when purchasing IMEI unlocks for my colleagues.

2) That would depend. If you've manually restored to iOS 5.1.1 without OTA and you have the 5.1.1 blobs, you can re-restore. Meaning if the iPhone 4S came with 5.1.1 from the factory right out of the box, and you never restored it back to 5.1.1, or you upgraded the iOS using the Settings.app method, you cannot re-restore to 5.1.1.

3) No jailbreak, some users report even worse battery life.