What's new

iphone 4S - speaker and microphone works.. but NOT when in calls..?

Adamw1109

Reaction score
I have bought an iphone 4s..

My music plays, games plays audio, my audio and mic works fine on Skype, my siri works fine..

BUT when I call someone or someone calls me I cant hear them or they cant hear me?

I have bought an iphone 4s.. My music plays, games plays audio, my audio and mic works fine on Skype, my siri works fine.. BUT when I call someone or someone calls me I cant hear them or they cant hear me?
You said you can't hear them OR they can't hear you. Is it one OR the other, or does no one hear at all on both ends?

No one hears at all on both ends..
But its only in calls.

In any other game or app such as skype, the sound and mic works fine

No one hears at all on both ends.. But its only in calls. In any other game or app such as skype, the sound and mic works fine
Have you tried resetting network settings? Settings>General>reset>Reset Network Settings You will need to add your wifi passcode back in afterward. Not sure if it will work, but worth a try.

A friend had the same problem, them hearing him only, on his 4 and it turned out to be the second mic was bad. He was still under AppleCare and had his phone replaced.

yeah tried that.. no difference at all unfortunately

Did you check the proximity sensor? If it is not working correctly (and some cases cause a problem) your cheek will put the phone on mute.

I having this problem before. After that I change the plug in ribbon
e4yquty8.jpg
then working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: