What's new

iPhone 4S REVEALED! Let's Talk iPhone Event FULL COVERAGE

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Today Apple finally unveiled the next generation iPhone 4S. Setting aside rumors of a fully redesigned iPhone 5, this device looks EXACTLY like the iPhone 4S. Though similar to the Verizon Model the iPhone 4S packs a Dual-Core A5 Processor(currently in the iPad 2), an 8 Megapixel Camera, and 1080P HD video recording. It will be running iOS 5 out of the box with all of the previous features shown plus a big new one, Siri.

Siri is basically like the Dragon Go! app in the App Store. It basically makes your phone come alive and you being able to dictate what you want it to do. You can ask it questions like "What is the weather today" or "Text Message Eric How are you today?" and it will do as you command. It has the ability to read to you and you and respond to it without having to text. This will be perfect for times you can use your hands or while driving. Siri will also get used to your voice over time and able to recognize what you say more and more. IT'S LIKE A FERBY!

Another new feature is the Cards application where you can make post cards, greeting cards, etc. and Apple will physically print them to your friends for a fee. The fee for Apple to print/ship these is $2.99 for U.S./$4.99 International. Not too bad of a deal and you don't even have to get a pen out!

Lots of previously announced things were covered like all of iOS 5 and Apples Sales numbers. I am a bit disappointed with no redesign but hey, it's going to be a badass device.

The iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Start Friday, October 7th 2011 with an October 14th RELEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly was tempted to buy a Galaxy S2 then I read the specs and they are just as good as last years, double ram, double power, just in the same body so now Im back to buying the iPhone.

Nearly was tempted to buy a Galaxy S2 then I read the specs and they are just as good as last years, double ram, double power, just in the same body so now Im back to buying the iPhone.

A wise decision, I'm also going for the iPhone 4s the moment it's available in my location.

bab2010 said:
A wise decision, I'm also going for the iPhone 4s the moment it's available in my location.

I might get the ip4s when my Verizon contract ends. Plus I don't want to be the first in line when the issues come like they did with the 4. I want the phone to be almost perfect.

I upgraded from a 3G to a 4 with 16gb. I'm wondering should I bite the bullet and pay the extra fifty for the 4S. Having to wait for the 5 another year is upsetting and when it comes out I really don't wana be another 2 generations behind what to do?

I already have an iPad 2

I still own a 3GS & I got a text from Orange yesterday saying they are now taking pre orders for the 4S, I also own a iPad 2, I would recommend in going for the 4S as the specs are absolutely outstanding & it won't be for another year until iPhone 5 is launched, but in the meantime I would just go for the latest iPhone which also has the same A5 processor that the iPad 2 has got as well as 7 times the graphics :)

iPhone 4S looks pretty much the same with iphone 4. So are existing iphone 4 accessories like cases suitable for 4S?
If the answer is yes, then iphone accessories manufacturers would be so disappointed. LOL.

I suspect they will make out just fine.

All those new iPhone 4Ss will need shiny new cases, and the lucky ones who get the hand me down iPhone 4 will have nothing invested so they get to go buy a shiny new case as well...

deano2806 said:
I still own a 3GS & I got a text from Orange yesterday saying they are now taking pre orders for the 4S, I also own a iPad 2, I would recommend in going for the 4S as the specs are absolutely outstanding & it won't be for another year until iPhone 5 is launched, but in the meantime I would just go for the latest iPhone which also has the same A5 processor that the iPad 2 has got as well as 7 times the graphics :)

I'm going for it. I talked to an AT&T rep today and I'm also excited about new applecare+ with $50 deductible for accidental damage.