What's new

Iphone 4S OS:7.1.2 Carrier Unlock

Nick5555

Reaction score
Hi Friends:

I need your help desperately.

Iam From India, my friend had brought Iphone 4s Sprint From US (second Hand). since 6 months and since then i have spent hundered of hours day and night to unlock it- but unsuccesfull.

I wish to use it in India, I have installed cydia and purchased a RSIM Air 2. and installed Mod from Cydia. and also installed Rpatch from cydia via EDITED. the patch is blank

Iam getting the carrier signal, and when i got to settings general i get the carrier name as well, but the NETWORK is blank.

Iam able to connect to emergency call 112 , but could not make or receive calls. As soon as i dial the call gets disc

Guys help me in unlocking this iphone 4s sprint.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules Apple iPhone Forum No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:
Sprint does not allow for their phones to be unlocked. You want an ATT iPhone as they work very well on almost all networks as they are Global Phones (GSM) and they are easy to unlock. Sprint is a CDMA phone and is not global until you get a later model phone and Sprint sets it up at the factory. The 4 and 4s Sprint phone are nearly impossible to use over seas. (outside of USA).

Thought that by law all providers have to unlock phones when off contract at least we have this here in Canada after 90 days u can ask for unlock at a cost of 50$ and they have to do it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought that by law all providers have to unlock phones when off contract at least we have this here in Canada after 90 days u can ask for unlock at a cost of 50$ and they have to do it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately for cell phone users in the United States, there is no such law in place that forces cellular carriers to unlock phones locked to their network. Many carriers do provide unlocking services to their customers under certain circumstances but this is because of corporate policy, not any kind of unlocking law.

The one "loophole" if you can call it that for unlocking your device would be to request for an unlock for your carrier prior to your upgrading of your device with the notion that you're planning to travel abroad in the not so distant future. It also depends on the luck of the draw on the rep that you get over the phone. But as scifan57 said, it's under the discretion of the carrier and the circumstance.

Sprint US don't allow unlock for intl use. There is nothing you can do.