What's new

Iphone 4s not vibrating correctly on incoming text amd calls

GASH

Reaction score
K since I've got my iPhone it hasn't vibrated correctly. Even when I set it to another setting it still just vibrates once, I put it on custom and it still vibrates once. Is this an issue with my phone or all 4s's? Also when I test it, it works like it should but as soon as I get a call or text it goes back to vibrating once. Any input is much appreciated and thx.

I'm not sure if it's the same but with my old phone (not apple) I had a similar problem and in the end I just ended up getting a new phone which I advise you doing or you could go to the apple store and check with them which would help and maybe give you a deal which they sometimes do to get a new phone

K since I've got my iPhone it hasn't vibrated correctly. Even when I set it to another setting it still just vibrates once, I put it on custom and it still vibrates once. Is this an issue with my phone or all 4s's? Also when I test it, it works like it should but as soon as I get a call or text it goes back to vibrating once. Any input is much appreciated and thx.

Try a hard reset (hold home and sleep until it reboots. Ignore the slide to turn off) and see if that helps. If not, then you may just need to get a new phone. There is no "custom" vibration for SMS on the stock iPhone but it should work for calls if you set it in the accessibility section. The default vibration for text is two short vibes.

Just for kicks- make sure that in setting>Sound>Silent Vibrate is enabled and on that same page that vibrate is also enable lower on the page just above Ringtone. Also note that setting the vibrate tone to None will prevent it from vibrating at all.

No clue if any of that will help but it's all I got lol.

If you're jailbroken, there are some additional things you can do.

Rik

Rik756 said:
Try a hard reset (hold home and sleep until it reboots. Ignore the slide to turn off) and see if that helps. If not, then you may just need to get a new phone. There is no "custom" vibration for SMS on the stock iPhone but it should work for calls if you set it in the accessibility section. The default vibration for text is two short vibes.

Just for kicks- make sure that in setting>Sound>Silent Vibrate is enabled and on that same page that vibrate is also enable lower on the page just above Ringtone. Also note that setting the vibrate tone to None will prevent it from vibrating at all.

No clue if any of that will help but it's all I got lol.

If you're jailbroken, there are some additional things you can do.

Rik

Not jb and I've done the reset and yes I've got all settings set correctly. Think it's just this phone, but I'd hate to go back I've already had to return one because it made a rattling noise. :(

Might have to adjust your avatar a bit if this keeps up. Heh.