What's new

Iphone 4S not charging properly[solved]

imser75

Reaction score
Hi
A friend of mine recently bought an iPhone 4s which I made ready to use. Two days later he calls me and ask why he only can charge the phone while it´s turned off. If he plugs the charger during the phone is on, nothing happens.
I´ve never heard of this problem before, has any of you? The only thing to do is to return the phone to store and get a new one due to the warranty?

imser75 said:
Hi
A friend of mine recently bought an iPhone 4s which I made ready to use. Two days later he calls me and ask why he only can charge the phone while it´s turned off. If he plugs the charger during the phone is on, nothing happens.
I´ve never heard of this problem before, has any of you? The only thing to do is to return the phone to store and get a new one due to the warranty?

First I would try doing a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons on the phone until it restarts to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't remedy the problem then try doing a factory restore on iTunes. If neither of these work then I would definitely exchange it for a new one at the store where it was purchased

Problem solved
I´ve spoken to him this weekend and it turned out to be charger itself that was broken. He had no problem charging it via the computer, so he just replaced the 220/230-charger and now everything works smooth again.