What's new

Iphone 4s will not charge unless rebooted (soft or hard).

dru

Reaction score
Got an iphone 4s and synced all the data from my old 3gs. About two weeks later, the problem started happening and I have to reboot my phone before I charge it each night.

When i plug in the phone after a day's use, there is no response. Once I reboot the phone, it charges like normal. I have 2 other iphones and 2 ipads in the house and have identified that it is not charging block, cable or the outlet.

Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't heard of anyone that I know or on here having a similar issue. Since you've already ruled out your outlets & charge/sync cable... might suggest taking it to the carrier or Apple store & show them the problem. Please keep us updated w/ any solution that you or they come up with.

That happens exactly the same simtoms with my 3 weeks new iphone 4s. Its anoying.
Please any solution

Hey Drew, by a chance, do you have a dual sim card installed? Was you microsim home cutted from a regular sim?

Thats the only lead I have from mine.

Still clueless

No dual sim or cut slim here.

I had the phone replaced through Best Buy since I had the 30 day warranty. No solution here and i didnt want to bother with applecare.

Hi dru,

I had my iphone 4s replaced too by Apple.

So no solution for me.

Thanks anyway.