What's new

iphone 4s no sound mic and ringtone ....

iwannabone

Reaction score
i have read many forums about this on the iphone 4 not the 4 s ...
here is my dilema .....

i dropped my iphone 4s and i have repaired it myself .. i have done several of my friends too .. screens speakers mics ribbons buttons and so forth ...

basically ...
i repaired my iphone 4s screen and new back and i have no sound or mic or no sounds and ringtones .. nothing the mic dont record and work ....

so basically i knicked the misses fone and took her board out and tryed it in my 4s case and her board worked lovely in my case so i know the speakers and mic and buttons work perfect in my case ... when i put my board back in i have nothing ....

the buttons on the side show that they are turning volume up and down but dont actually do anything .. same as silent button it shows it going into silent mode but no vibration or anything ....
i have tryed to plug into ipod docking station and still no sound .... i am at my wits end now

i dont know what else try ... please please please can someone help me ...........

You damaged one of two connection points on your motherboard.

1) 30 pin.
2) Headphone jack.

Those are the only two connectors that can affect everything you have stated. So start checking those two connection points on the motherboard. If you have a piece of debris that can be removed, and hasn't damaged one of the pins, you are in luck. If a pin is damaged, then you might be in trouble.

where do i find these located on the board please .... if you could show me pic .... if i have damaged them or one are they repairable .... or what would you suggest ..

or is the whole thing sha..ed ................ and it time to buy new board................

the volume shows up on the fone itself but you jus cant hear anything same as mute switch no vibration but says its muted ........

ty so much for your quick responce ....

Last edited:
i have found both and they both look perfect to me .... i have cleaned them both ........... on the board ......

A thought has occured. You did turn off bluetooth to do the testing?

bluetooth is off yes ...... am i looking at a dead board

The motherboard thinks something is plugged into either the 30 pin or headphone jack. Grab the mic/head phones that came with the phone and test to see if that picks up your voice. If it does, you at least have a work around.

The motherboard thinks something is plugged into either the 30 pin or headphone jack. Grab the mic/head phones that came with the phone and test to see if that picks up your voice. If it does, you at least have a work around.

Original headphones don't work. Still nothing. Ty for your fast reply. I think it's buggered. Arghhhhgh. I see this is gonna cost me fortunes now. Lol.