What's new

iPhone 4s mic problems!!!!!!

LensGrinder

Reaction score
The mic on my phone doesn't work when I try to talk to someone. I can hear them, but they can't hear me. However, when I switch to speakerphone the call works fine, and they can hear me. I also noticed when I try to use Siri, the phone is not picking up my voice properly. I almost have to yell to get Siri to understand me.
I've done a reset on the phone, and even reset all the settings and it doesn't seem to be helping. Any advise????? THX!!!

Have you got the phone wet ?
I had this on one of my previous iPhones ( I've killed a lot ) :)

No, it's never gotten wet. This has got me puzzled. I'm wondering if it's an internal problem. ie. solder connections, wiring.....

I have opposite problem.m people can hear me but I can't hear them unless I use speakers. Any solutions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like hardware problems. I'd take it to the nearest Apple Store and have them check it out.

Sent from my PC using Bluestacks and Tapatalk Pro

If I'm not mistaken, the noise cancelling mic is more than likely malfunctioning. Hence why the speaker option works (I believe the noise cancelling mic is turned off when the speaker phone option is on).

Like the previous poster mentioned, take it to the Apple store! They'll fix you up!