What's new

IPhone 4s no contract options. need help.

wikkidshyt

Reaction score
I am looking into buying an an Unlockes IPhone 4s, but I am not at all interested in being in a contract for any amount of time. Could anyone tell ne what my options are. Is virgin mobile an option in any way? Please Help. :/

wikkidshyt said:
I am looking into buying an an Unlockes IPhone 4s, but I am not at all interested in being in a contract for any amount of time. Could anyone tell ne what my options are. Is virgin mobile an option in any way? Please Help. :/

Im pretty sure virgin stocks iPhones but I don't know if you can buy then outright... I guess you could always try eBay or just go online to the apple store and buy one that way hope that helps :)

I have unlocked iPhone 4s 64GB bought direct from apple and am using Giffgaff as my provider very cheap and offer an unlimited data and texts with 250 mins for £10 for a month, they use the o2 masts so you get a good signal wherever you get o2 signal.
have been with giffgaff for 2 years with no problems ^^. hope this helps

wikkidshyt said:

Virgin Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint and uses their towers, a CDMA network. Apple's unlocked iPhone 4S from the factory are GSM-only, so the two won't work together. CDMA 4S does have the GSM SIM slot, but that is firmware-locked to only work with international carriers. Won't work on domestic GSM networks. Sprint and Verizon don't unlock their 4S unless on request by a current customer in good standing and, again, only for international use. Options are a bit more limited with CDMA phones and CDMA networks.

I just got an Apple Factory unlocked iPhone 4S (GSM). Dropped in a Straight Talk (another brand of Tracfone) AT&T compatible SIM, ported my phone number over in 10 minutes, and am using their $45/mo "unlimited" plan...unlimited calling, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited SMS text (MMS requires some extra steps and (you don't even have to jailbreak) and "unlimited" data (100-200MB/day, 2-3GB/mo is "safe" use). Works great, 3G and even HSPA+ speeds.

Took my contract AT&T 4S back to the store for a total refund of its cost and my deposit (within first 30 days). I WAS with Sprint for 12 years...the last three months with their 4S until I was given the OK to leave due to the fact that I just moved to an AT&T -only area. Thrilled that I'm no longer locked into a contract or stuck with any one GSM carrier. Best of all, my cell phone bill is now 50% less! Can't go wrong with prepaid. Check out the MVNO discussions at howardforums for good info, tips and how-tos.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net