What's new

iPhone 4S: My personal digitized songs not sorting properly

imajoat

Reaction score
I have a number of songs that I digitized and imported into iTunes (from bands I was in). The songs are labeled and sort correctly in iTunes but when imported into the iPhone 4S, they are all under "C". In Album and Artist views they are sorted correctly, it is only in song view the problem exists. What is causing this and how can it be remedied. ANyone seen this sort of problem and corrected it? Thanks for your reply.

imajoat said:
I have a number of songs that I digitized and imported into iTunes (from bands I was in). The songs are labeled and sort correctly in iTunes but when imported into the iPhone 4S, they are all under "C". In Album and Artist views they are sorted correctly, it is only in song view the problem exists. What is causing this and how can it be remedied. ANyone seen this sort of problem and corrected it? Thanks for your reply.

Can you please post a screen shot.

Take a screenshot of the songs that are messed up and of the songs that are not. I'm not 100% sure I know what your talking about, but I *think* I had the same issue with music from my friends band. Tho there music is also sold in iTunes so it may be different.idk.

I use the Photobucket app from the app store.

Open the app make and account. Tap upload, choose the photo you want to post. Tap the "i" in the lower right corner. Tap the bottom IMG link.

Thin come to this thread on your device and paste it between

Or you could use any other upload site like dropbox and copy the public link that way.

Sorry, but I don't think I can fully understand what your problem is until is actually see what your talking about.

You say they are not "sorted" correctly but that could mean a couple different things.

Thank you for your response. This problem exists in the iPhone only so there is no screen shot. I apologize for being unclear, By "sort" I mean "alphabetically sorted". My personally digitized songs are all appearing under the letter "C" instead of the first letter of their name. Example:
"Behind Closed Eyes" is the last "B" song
"Wait, Stop, Think It Over" is the first "C" song

Regular commercial songs that I have imported from CDs are sorting correctly and such songs that start with "C" are under "C" following my own personally digitized songs. I have 22 songs doing this from three different bands. Like I said, in Album and Artist views they are in the correct alphabetical positions, it is just in the song list itself. I wonder if there is something in the metadata that I am missing, I am just hoping someone else has seen this and knows what is behind it.

imajoat said:
Thank you for your response. This problem exists in the iPhone only so there is no screen shot. I apologize for being unclear, By "sort" I mean "alphabetically sorted". My personally digitized songs are all appearing under the letter "C" instead of the first letter of their name. Example:
"Behind Closed Eyes" is the last "B" song
"Wait, Stop, Think It Over" is the first "C" song

Regular commercial songs that I have imported from CDs are sorting correctly and such songs that start with "C" are under "C" following my own personally digitized songs. I have 22 songs doing this from three different bands. Like I said, in Album and Artist views they are in the correct alphabetical positions, it is just in the song list itself. I wonder if there is something in the metadata that I am missing, I am just hoping someone else has seen this and knows what is behind it.

Okay. I fully understand what your saying now. My bad.

Well....I have not seen this particular problem, but hopefully a few suggestions can help.

Have you tried deleting the music from the device by swipe delete
Then opening iTunes, locating the songs
Right clicking
Clicking "Get Info"
Then edit the information of each song manually one at a time?

Yes I have done that to a degree, I deleted all of them, checked them in iTunes but did not dirty something in them and re-save them. But a secondary import after deleting did do the same thing so I know it is systemic. I will try messing with the info in iTunes next. Thank you.